Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
wouldn't that increase the amperage through the turn/park lights?? eventhough it's just the control side of the relay?? anybody have problems with this mod and with aftermarket high wattage/amperage bulbs?? looking for comments before doing this mod, cause the control side of the foglight is through the rh headlight, and occasionally, i burn out my high beam on rh side when switching from low to high with the fog lights on, with the mod, like i said, would the problem transfer to the rh tur signal bulb?? seeking answers........anyone..help......

G

·
azkicker0027 said:
wouldn't that increase the amperage through the turn/park lights?? eventhough it's just the control side of the relay?? anybody have problems with this mod and with aftermarket high wattage/amperage bulbs?? looking for comments before doing this mod, cause the control side of the foglight is through the rh headlight, and occasionally, i burn out my high beam on rh side when switching from low to high with the fog lights on, with the mod, like i said, would the problem transfer to the rh tur signal bulb?? seeking answers........anyone..help......
I'm no electrical expert so I couldn't really tell you for sure about the signal coming back through the parking light. But what wattage foglights are you running? The maximum you should be running without running new wiring is 55W. That's what I have and I drive with the parking/foglights on *ALL* the time and don't have any problems

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's for a b14.I did it to mine about 3 months ago and it works great.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've altered my wiring to have the fog lamps on with the parklights also. It's easy to do. If you need to know exactly which wires to splice / tap send me a msg either here or PM me. I have digital pictures of when I did it.:D

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
i already did it, and it works great, not too hopeful for any side effects, but ready for what comes my way......and the main idea is to hide everything and make it as if nothing happened...."i didn't do anything,it came that way"............

G

·
azkicker0027 said:
been running with it, light it up at dusk and at dawn, like a "creeper/stalker" mode, cool.........
I use the fogs/parking lights as a sort of daytime running headlights. I always have them on. The foglights alone are worthless (well, the old bulbs I had were incredibly bright and were good on backroads up to ~20 (I wouldn't recommend it though)) but they're good for others to see you

·
Tampa SR20
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was going to do it today but put my HVAC's in instead. Ended up having to resolder the wires to the face cause they fell off...it was a mess...but after some solder lighting up sweet...tomorrows task...rewire for the fogs!!!!!

G

·
9double8 said:
the fog light mod is now complete and is working perfect..thanks for the link! my little sister could of done this in 10 minutes...
Hey, shut up! It took me 12 ;) Well, that was after realizing the B13 was different from the B14 and the B13 directions wouldn't work! I don't think there even WERE B14 directions at that point!

G

·
9double8 said:
now i just have to put new lights in there..how are the PIAA's? and how much do they run?
They're a bit on the costly side. I got a set of Plasma Ion Yellow Bulb (part #13555) from www.autobulbdepot.com a little less than two years ago. They were awesome! The fogs looked nice and yellow like the Lexus IS's... unfortunately with using them as driving lights, I burned them out in a year. I bought the same exact part number but it came in as a "Xtra Ion Crystal Bulb" However, it's not nearly as bright... not even as bright as an OEM bulb you'd pick up at Pep Boys! I was dissapointed. So I figured maybe the part # on my old package was wrong and ordered a different part number... not only was that bulb not quite so bright, but this one was ricey bluish! Unfortunately, I still have that one in my car now (since January) I just don't have the will to take them out. Maybe when I start gutting the car this weekend.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
i say get m-tec they are super super white bulbs. i can get the bulbs if that is what your lookin for only.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts