Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im tryin to install some fog lights in my 240 but im havin a trouble finding a couple of things

connect my white wire to the low beam positive wire....but i dont have a voltmeter...so how will i find it without the voltmeter......plus i dont know where this wire is......and

connect my blue wire to the fuse box...i dont whut part of the fuse box to hook it up to....but i might just hook it up to the battery....whuteva's simpler and outta the way...

plz help if u know whut u doin..i have everything hook up...meanin the lights and the switch mounted

heres the installation page so u can check it out and see whut im takin bout..

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
Holyresizethepicturebatman! They mean to connect it to the fuse block. When I wired my foglights, I just put a wire on the battery connector, and put a 15 amp fuse in the line. I just ran this right to the foglights, none of that low-beam circuit stuff. My foglights are on the stock foglight switch.

·
Registered
54 Posts
the only reason they want you to run the wire to the low beam is for power. when the high beams are on they will turn off. to hell with that the only time you would beable to turn the fog lights on is when the low beams are on. also they will turn off when the high beams are on. i've never seen an aftermarket foglight set up this way. usually you just have a positive with a switch between the fog light and the battery and a negative ground. this diagram is more for a factory setup then aftermarket. good luck figure out what it is that you want the fog lights for and go from there...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Id just wire the thing with a 3 terminal switch that has a ground positive and toggle prong. Hook the power one from the batter with a inline fuse to the swtich on the Power Terminal. Then hook up a ground which is anythign metal on the car. And run your toggle wire you your lights. When you flip the switch the power is sent to the Lights. Also make sure your lights are grounded. :thumbup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys....
i understand on how they only want my fog lights to come on when my low beams are on so whut ill do i just connect my two wires to the + terminal on the battery and just hope i dont blow my fog lights...

damn Chris90FB240sx u are all over the forum...u need to be a mod..its like every post i get on u there..... :) :thumbup: :)

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
cwrr226 said:
thanks guys....
i understand on how they only want my fog lights to come on when my low beams are on so whut ill do i just connect my two wires to the + terminal on the battery and just hope i dont blow my fog lights...

damn Chris90FB240sx u are all over the forum...u need to be a mod..its like every post i get on u there..... :) :thumbup: :)
How can he be a mod with only 95 posts? Lol, just kidding. :cheers:
To be an S13 mod you have to beat Joel in a fistfight or dragrace, whichever you prefer. :hal:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts