Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys recommend as far as high quality, reasonably priced H3 foglight bulbs? Pics would be awesome.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
zeno said:
What do you guys recommend as far as high quality, reasonably priced H3 foglight bulbs? Pics would be awesome.
i recommend M-TEC highly. they are 60 bux and freeshipping and handling.

really nice intense white and is extremely good quality.

let me know if your interested. thanks

·
Registered
547 Posts
I think I'm just going to go with a pair of SE-R fogs. Anyone know where I can get them other than a junkyard w/o ripping my ass?

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only one suggestion? geez.....I know people have more info. than this. Maybe an additional question will help. What is the biggest difference b/t the hyperwhites, plasma, nuclear eye melting whites, etc. Does this only refer to brightness?

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Just to let you know,
No B14 ever left the dealer with fog lights. Those lights in the holes on the fender of certain 97,98 200SX and Sentras are not fog lights, nor are they driving lights. They are simply 'accessory' lights. Meaning they light up, and thats about it. If your car came with the holes for these lights, get 'real' fog or driving lights. I'd say, get both. Put fogs in the holes, and driving lights where the intercooler would go. This is the best combo. Yes it may look silly, or overdone, but rally cars do not have 4 6 inch driving lights on their hoods for nothing.

Seth

·
Hates everyone.
1,921 Posts
Cripes, if you care more for what you'll be able to see than what others will see, just get a set of Hella or Osram bulbs for under $10. Just don't get more than 55 watts as you'll be blinding the rest of us and cooking your lens and housing, if they're plastic.

sethwas said:
Just to let you know,
No B14 ever left the dealer with fog lights. Those lights in the holes on the fender of certain 97,98 200SX and Sentras are not fog lights, nor are they driving lights. They are simply 'accessory' lights. Meaning they light up, and thats about it. If your car came with the holes for these lights, get 'real' fog or driving lights. I'd say, get both. Put fogs in the holes, and driving lights where the intercooler would go. This is the best combo. Yes it may look silly, or overdone, but rally cars do not have 4 6 inch driving lights on their hoods for nothing.

Seth
Well put, and people could also go with a combination fog/driving lights. BTW, real rally lights are about 9 inches accross.:eek:

·
S12 Fanatic
211 Posts
Yeah, there are some fog/driving combo setups in real nice compact housings out now. My 88 S12 came from the dealer with the big old-school Bosch lights:

They're more driving lights that fog lights, they light the pavement in front of you nicely but don't have the piercing beams that good fogs do. On the plus side, I can run them all the time if I want without disturbing other drivers. They were originally wired to only work with the headlights on, but I rewired them right after I got the car so I can turn them on whenever I want.
But I've thought of installing some of those new fog/driving combo lights that are about the same size.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Well I just bought a set of the biggest fogs I can find to fit the spaces in a R33 bumper--they were actually like trucks fog lights...

Anyways how can I replace the bulbs to match my hyperwhites on my heads and corners... I want them to have that same blue tint UKNOW....

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
oh just a suggestion if u got the $$..

try doing H3 HID fog lights .. would be so sweet.

haha

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
LIUSPEED said:
oh just a suggestion if u got the $$..

try doing H3 HID fog lights .. would be so sweet.

haha
Uh nah I just want sum nice Hyperwhite bulbs to put in them--I dont got HID $$$ to spend.....

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
haha.. i know im just saying.. if u got the money 2 spend then do it if you like.

haha..

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
LIUSPEED said:
haha.. i know im just saying.. if u got the money 2 spend then do it if you like.

haha..
Yeah but even if I did HID would be the last thing on my list....I just dont see the big deal in em.....My whole problem is that I hate the way my corners cant match the brightness of my heads....:(

·
Registered
88 Posts
sethwas said:
Just to let you know,

Seth
Will fog lights from a 99 sentra fit a 98 sentra?

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Hmm,
I imagine they should since the opening is the same size. However if the lights are cut to shaoe for that hole then the answer is no. Because the shape is different. Ask scorchn200SX since he makes a carbon fibre mold ot fill the hole and can tell you the sizes of the 98 and 99 holse.

Seth

1 - 19 of 19 Posts