Nissan Forum banner

FOCUZ header for 1.6 180$ new

8K views 65 replies 14 participants last post by  psuLemon 
#1 ·
#3 ·
CLSo1A said:
is that for the 200sx as well? how do you guys think they perform??
yeah they will fit all GA16DE from 95-97 FEDERAL and 95-97 cali and 98 federal and cali need different egr pipes
but from what i heard people are very satisfied with them, and they look very nice
also our stock manifolds suck and trust me you will notice a big difference with aftermarket manifold/header

#12 ·
cool..... That pic looks like a SR20 flange but that doesn't mean anything... Nice to see the 1.6 is getting more recognition...

I won't comment on the header...this is the first I've heard of it.. hopefully its not a copy of another copy....lol

Maybe we could setup a 1.6 header showdown in the future...

#13 ·
myoung said:
cool..... That pic looks like a SR20 flange but that doesn't mean anything... Nice to see the 1.6 is getting more recognition...

I won't comment on the header...this is the first I've heard of it.. hopefully its not a copy of another copy....lol

Maybe we could setup a 1.6 header showdown in the future...
here is a pic of a 1.6 specific header
and a header comparo would be bad ass, since there is alot more people with ga16de cars than sr20 cars,

#15 · (Edited)
Say yes to comparo!

Yeah, and if some of the companies are in fact copy-cats and somehow win the comparo, it's obvious NPM shouldn't promote them by installing their products and doing write-up, but it would give HS an idea on how to improve their product and gain more customers, so it's good either way!
but I think public should definitely know what is out there

#18 · (Edited)
okay I agree somewhat....

If those companies are up to a test we will try to set it up....

I do have to say, We will probably start to see a lot of what used to be *Honda only* companies jumping on the new wave.. which I think will be Nissan driven.... one of my problems with this is these same companies were thumbing there noses at us for a long time. I believe we should first have loyalties to companies that have been there when Nissan was dawg'd. Companies like Hotshot, JWT, Unorthodox Racing, Energy Suspension, Ground Controls only to name a few....

I am all for having a competitive market if it benefits the community... and I think I can speak for NPM as well.. We are willing to test any product... If it's a good product we will do our best to get the word out.. If it's not a good product we will not promote it.. This is one of the things everyone associated with NPM is in aggreement about... If we promote a POS and people realize it's a POS it wouldn't do much for our credibility.....

One company that I won't name but has a big R in their name was scared to have us check out one of their products a while back... and basicially told us they really didn't give a sh** about Nissans enough to care.... Now all of a sudden they are changing their tune and wanting to jump on the bandwagon....
Even with them, we would do a fair test and if the products are good we will promote them.....if we did it any other way it would be a disservice to our readers...

Michael Young

#20 · (Edited)
myoung said:
Even with them, we would do a fair test and if the products are good we will promote them.....if we did it any other way it would be a disservice to our readers...

Michael Young
I agree with all that you said. Especially that last line. The bottom line is this. There are always people who couldn't afford HS and went with other brands and then there are people who buy only from HS, so this involvemnt of "Honda" companies, probably will end up kicking [read: replace] Pacessetter out of the loop... I'm not even sure if they still manufacture them. Last word I heard they stopped making headers for 2.0

#21 ·
For what it's worth, I've had the Focuz header on my car for about a year now with no complaints. The box said it fit "Sentra 91-99", so I strapped it on my B13 1.6L --- with a little manuevering, it went right on. Only cost me $140 at the time from Versus Motorsports in Phx. Had the usual powergains throughout the powerband, definitely freeing up restricted HP and TQ for my automatic. The SOTP difference was instant! :cool:

I was able to dyno my car with custom-fit PR CAI, Focuz header, $tillen muffler, and adv. timing... and from what locals have said (AZ-Nismo branch of SERCA) my numbers are about right due to the amount of power loss via the auto slushbox. For anyone interested in the numbers, let me know.

#22 ·
What Mr. Young said is true. When I first bought my car the bastards would tell you to buy another car when you went to them asking for products... like everything was made for the damn civic at a discount price and Nissans had only the companies forementioned... good thing for us they had good quality stuff and not just crap in stock...

Well, now that we have all these products I think it'd be a great time to compare them so we can weed out the non-hackers, that way we don't give money to wrong people. I've tried contacting OBX just to make sure that my headers were even made by them and I didn't figure it out till like last week (they never reply to emails for some reason).

#23 ·
WELL sentra94xe its alwayz good to hear of any automajic getting sum good power gains....

I think myoung has an excellent point when it comes to companies that have alwayz been there for us and those who have just suddenly appeared.....but like Nature said not every1 (like me) could afford some of those products

So basicaly the fact that these new companies are now here does have its good/bad points. I think now its just a matter of NPM hopefully getting as many of these companies as they can to cooperate so we can get sum actual numbers to go by.

I'll be waiting for this b4 I buy mine...........

#24 ·
I just happen to know a couple of the writers for NPM... maybe I can coax them into doing a small article on the mod? Then again, I don't have access to a HS, PS, or any other 1.6L header --- I'm a poor college senior who is graduating in December! I can barely afford the 91 octane gas out here (since we got screwed out of our 92 about a year and a half ago just like Cali). But I am in agreeance that it is nice to see support for the GA motor. Now we just need to have some SOLID support from the performance sector.

#26 ·
Ask and you shall receieve! :D Taken from StreetFlight in Phx, AZ on February 2nd, 2002:

Car --- 1994 Sentra XE 1.6L AUTO w/ 110,xxx miles
Mods --- custom PR CAI, Focuz header, $tillen muffler, timing @ 12

Took only 2 runs, and the average between them by the dyno's graphical program and calculations came to 87.1 HP and 93.9 TQ. Like I said, I heard these numbers were about right for a 1.6L with similar mods, miles, and transmission... but I could be mistaken. Anyone else with an slushbox dyno? If so, I would be interested to see the numbers. On a side note, my A/F (air/fuel) reading was very consitent at 12, though I was told this would be more beneficial for a car running boost (it is a bit rich). I have not attemped to adjust the ratio... but the car is running great.

Hope this information helps anyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.