Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to ask SR20 cruisers, what kind of flywheels you got?

Are you happy with your flywheel? I got a $tealen aluminum flywheel on my GA16 motor (only reason I picked this one is there wasnt any cr-mo flywheels available for GA16), but I would definitely like to go with Chro-molly when I get a SR20 dropped in. I know Jun makes two types of flywheels (light and ultra-light) and Toda also makes good cr-mo flywheel. I would like to hear some words from your experience.

Mahalo

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a SR16VE flywheel on my turbo SR20. Its about 5 lbs. lighter and I think its just about right. Heavy enough to keep the engine up in the revs between shifts, but light enough to notice a faster rev in nuetral. I got it from Andreas Miko, but I think JGY lightens stock flywheels for a reasonable price to the same weight. I highly recommend either option for a budget racer.
John

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SR16VE flywheel is a good one for me to have. I don't want anything too light, but I still want it lighter than heavy stock flywheel. I've never heard about "Fidanza" flywheels... What are they made from?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the 8lb CM blue flywheel.. the car is noticably faster in 1st gear, slightly more in 2nd and 3rd is about the same. Has to do with the rotational mass/inertia and the gearing which Mike could explain better than I.

All in all, a good upgrade.

Z

·
0 Posts
I have the JUN Ultralight flywheel, which is I think 9 or 9.5 lbs. I really liked it in my turbo car, but I can see how it might be harder to launch at a drag strip on street tires. But it definitely improves responsiveness.

·
100NX2000
346 Posts
Zak91SE-R said:
I have the JUN Ultralight flywheel, which is I think 9 or 9.5 lbs. I really liked it in my turbo car, but I can see how it might be harder to launch at a drag strip on street tires. But it definitely improves responsiveness.
Hi Zak. With all these forums how do we have time to do any work on our cazrs? geesh! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Fidanza just realeased the GA16 flywheel. Got it in the same week. So nice ... love it. Responsiveness and pull are great. got mine for $385. 8.5lbs.

·
0 Posts
psshhgoesmysr20 said:
What does the fidanza Flywheel go for, and how much does it weigh?
The Fidanza flywheel is a billet (read solid) aluminum flywheel w/ a steel wearing surface & starter gear ring. It weighs in the neighborhood of 8.5-9lbs vs. 18lbs. for the stock SR20 flywheel (best I can remember).

All I have heard from all brands of import tuners is rave reviews of Fidanza. Apparently, they make a very fine, close-tolerance piece in all their applications.

Price: around $375

The JUN chromoly flywheel is a lot more expensive I believe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts