Nissan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have searched all around this forum for days now and cannot find the awnser to my question. I was wondering if anybody on this forum has installed any flywheel besides the JWT one. And if they were rewarded with any good gains. I would not mind the JWT flywheel just wondering if any of the others are better. Or if not then can somebody tell me a link to the JWT flywheel/clutch combo, I have found them seperatly but I was told, that they come in a combo pack for a cheaper price, is this correct? Thanks ahead of time for all your help.
Josh

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
a flywheel won't make more power.....it'll essentially make it easier for the power to be transferred to the ground. Especially in the QR25 which, in stock form, has a 30 lb. ( 30 LB!!) dual mass unit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chimmike said:
a flywheel won't make more power.....it'll essentially make it easier for the power to be transferred to the ground. Especially in the QR25 which, in stock form, has a 30 lb. ( 30 LB!!) dual mass unit.
I undestand that, I was just wondering if anybody had a diff. one then the JWT, if not then could I get a link to the Jwt clutch/flywheel combo.
Thanks.
Josh

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chimmike said:
Alright, thank you very much for the website link. Is there a such thing as the JWT clutch/flywheel combo pack, because I cannot find it, and I have heard that it is cheaper buying the combo pack then it is buying them seperatly. If there is then can you send me a link to that site. And does JWT make the best flywheel? Between JWT, UR, and Fidanza, is JWT the best is my question?
Thanks again.
Josh

·
Registered
871 Posts
from what i have heard, the Fidanza is a little nicer. JWT was way better than Stillen, who may not even be making them anymore... they had a failed attempt a while back. You may want to contact JWT and see if they will hook you up with a package deal for the clutch and flywheel. All I'll say is that JWT has been supporting the Nissan comunity for a long time with good products. I dont have the details on the Fidanza flywheel, but unless its a lot lighter than the JWT, I would say get the JWT and the clutch at one time.

just my $0.02, sorry I dont have more info on the flywheels.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BlackoutSpecV said:
from what i have heard, the Fidanza is a little nicer. JWT was way better than Stillen, who may not even be making them anymore... they had a failed attempt a while back. You may want to contact JWT and see if they will hook you up with a package deal for the clutch and flywheel. All I'll say is that JWT has been supporting the Nissan comunity for a long time with good products. I dont have the details on the Fidanza flywheel, but unless its a lot lighter than the JWT, I would say get the JWT and the clutch at one time.

just my $0.02, sorry I dont have more info on the flywheels.
The Fidanza flywheel is supposed to be 11lbs and the jwt is 12lbs. Is this a big difference? Thanks
Josh

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
Fidenza has probably the nicest name out their for flywheels. If you can get it at a decent price, jump on it. The VBoard had a Group Buy on the JWT clutch and flywheel at a really good price...but the site was hacked and it went to never never land.

·
Registered
54 Posts
ok we all no a flywheel does not make power but in theory doesnt it free up power due to being much lighter in weight?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
honda9369 said:
ok we all no a flywheel does not make power but in theory doesnt it free up power due to being much lighter in weight?
yes, this is true. this is where the power comes from. freed up weight due to the light weight flywheel. it is half the weight, this is a very big difference. but what i want to know is, is their a big difference between 11lbs and 12lbs flywheel. if there is then i will get the fidanza which is 11lbs. if not then i will get the jwt which is 12lbs and try to get the clutch with it. anybodys info on this will be very much appreciated. thanks!
Josh

·