Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They make wood, carbon fiber, and solid color kits... I was checking out the solid color kits, there is a 14 piece kit for my 99 se-l.... Has anyone used these before..? How does it look and hows the quality?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
A lot of people here painted the ones that are already in their cars. They take off the pieces they want to paint and paint them. You might want to look at that before buying one.

Here is a how to guide if you want to do it yourself.
http://groups.msn.com/sentwoperformance/howto.msnw

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I've painted pieces befor and the time and effort taken for it to actually look good is not worth it to me... I'd rather just buy it this time and have that nice glossy finish..... I have spent hours painting pieces... Prepping sanding perfectly smooth to get the ripples out and painted.... I'd rather just buy it this time and put the effort into something I have not tried yet..... So anyone ever Have there product before.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
NJDYSON said:
Yes I've painted pieces befor and the time and effort taken for it to actually look good is not worth it to me... I'd rather just buy it this time and have that nice glossy finish..... I have spent hours painting pieces... Prepping sanding perfectly smooth to get the ripples out and painted.... I'd rather just buy it this time and put the effort into something I have not tried yet..... So anyone ever Have there product before.
I totally agree with U about this--Not that Ive actully tried to do it myself but The interior is wut I C the most and Im gonna noitce every little imperfection and its gonna drive me crazy...

I dunno about this florida trim kit ---I know Nopi has a kit for us that Im considering but its like $200 for it..

It seems like everyone around here just does it themselves or not at all...

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exactly and I don't know why when you can buy the solid color kits.... I have done the interior on my cars already... To get your trim pieces to look actually good takes so much time per piece, unless your a spray and let be since the color is diff. I'd rather spend 200 bucks and install a factory look finish then go throught the pain of doing my own again..................

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
My dad just got the wood trim kit for the Escalade and its pretty good. It uses 3m tape and you just put them on. It really adds a nice touch, and complements there interior very nicely adding to the wood parts which were already in place. It wasnt hard at all to install, and we got it cheap off ebay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts