Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some thing on ebay thats makes your trunk "Flip Flop"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1870500641

Its pretty cool if you show off your car, or if youre clumsy and always hit your head on the door when youre putting something in the trunk. With this, its out of your way. Im thinking about it, cause I have a stereo and it would add to the "effect" of the stereo looking cool ;)

Do you guys think this is hard to do?

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And I would like to press a button and the trunk dissappears into the bottom of the car, MONEY!! I dont have money man. Plus, I would be one of the first (if not the first) to have it on a 200sx, that would be sweet. I guess it is kinda useless (or "gay") but it is creative.

I was thinking, you probably dont even need that kit. Just unscrew the bolts that connect the beam to the door, and just get some kinda hinges from home depot or something and put them on.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i've already done this. it only takes about 20minuets to do this. you don't need a kit, all you need is 2 hinges and sone screws. i loked it for a week then i put the trunk back to normal.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
This has been around for a while now. It's an easy mod - just some hinges will do the trick. This belongs to a former member of NW Nismo (sorry about the quality) :

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dad just told me what crap this would be. Hes saying, when I only put the Hinge on it, when the trunk is closed, you would be able to pick the rear up(closest to the window) since there would only be the hinge holding it, and not the two very secured and tight bolts.

Im thinking hes sorta right, you wouldnt be able to pick it up, but it would rattle? and maybe lift up a little?

Is there any truth to this? Or would it be just like normal?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Psch91 said:
My dad just told me what crap this would be. Hes saying, when I only put the Hinge on it, when the trunk is closed, you would be able to pick the rear up(closest to the window) since there would only be the hinge holding it, and not the two very secured and tight bolts.

Im thinking hes sorta right, you wouldnt be able to pick it up, but it would rattle? and maybe lift up a little?

Is there any truth to this? Or would it be just like normal?
you can rig up a pin for that the trunk will be used like normal but show time take out the pins(1 each hinge area) and then it will "flip flop"

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Niss200SXGTR said:
cuz, it looks taky`1`
This, coming from someone with a GT-R badge on a Sentra... Do what you like, and if you don't like it, click the back button.

·
G14 CLASSIFIED!!!!
763 Posts
LOOK At the stereo in that 200....

No rattles and no complaints with that mod..... I made a cross brace fot the hinges and it also keeps it from wableing.... I am surprised that jarreeds car hasnt had more recognition on the boards.... That is another one of my babies..... i love my work. AHHHHH YeaHHHH.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Here are some pictures of the set-up.
If that stuff makes sense to anyone, maybe we could get a more detailed description of the process.

oh, and the pics were sent to me by the user "SentraFi" if I am not mistaken.

·
Bow down BiAtch >;o)
1,356 Posts
I think it looks cool I thought about doing it myself

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
I think it is kind of cool, but it is getting a little common.

Jarreds car would get more love if he were an active part of the Sentra/200SX community. It is a really nice car...

·
Bow down BiAtch >;o)
1,356 Posts
acctually I was wanting to do the flip flop hood thing does anyone know how or has anyone done it? :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
nismoprincess said:
acctually I was wanting to do the flip flop hood thing does anyone know how or has anyone done it? :D

i just did it a few days ago... all you need is 2 hinges to replace the 4 bolts on the trunk door... my hinges are starting to bend though... i need to find a better way to mount it... not to mention i'm getting some rattling when my subs kick in... try to follow the pictures seva posted... i don't know... i'll check back i about a week with the results...

·
Bow down BiAtch >;o)
1,356 Posts
Niss200SXGTR said:
flip flop hood?? do you mean like.. opening front ways??
it acctually has the same effect as the trunk thing it flips up and covers the windshield hard to explaine but let me see if I find a picture of it I'll post it up :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts