Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new flex pipe for my 1992 NX2000. The flexpipe connects in the front of the muffler to the cat. converter... apparently the sr20de engine likes to move around alot when driving, and the flexpipe bends with the muffler to keep everything functioning. I haven't installed the flexpipe yet. Right now, the car sounds like there is no muffler what-so-ever... has anyone had this problem, and if so what did you do to fix it?

PS: The muffler from flexpipe back is working fine... and its only a year old.

·
100NX2000
346 Posts
I think you should check your motor mounts. I have Energy Suspension motor mount inserts and have yet to break my 4 year old Stillen Flexpipe. It may be leaking a little fumes, but it is in no way torn from the motor rocking.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked out the motor mounts, and they were fine. The flexpipe came in, and I had a friend of the family weld it on. When he gave me the old flexpipe, i cut it in half right across the flex-mesh looking wire. What happened was that the salt from winter had gotten into the flex pipe through the wire and rusted from the inside out. As soon as i cut into the thing, it basically fell apart because of the rust. THe new one seems to work fine, infact i even get better mileage (33 mpg freeway).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts