Nissan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
anyone know someone who is into fish?
has a large tank or pond?

I have 2 pond comets, or Shubukin, who are ready to graduate into a pond or very large tank. They are beautiful in shape and color and are actually better-looking than the ones i have seen win shows.
They are similar to this, but much longer fins and better shape. (must see to appreciate)

I thought I would ask here before I try to sell them or give them to anyone else

I also have a medium Platinum Koi who is about 4 inches (still a baby)
looks like this, only smaller

These Shubunkin have been my babies for almost 2 and half years, and Im looking for a good home for them. I feel they need a pond or very large tank.

thanks for looking

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
preferrably over 70 gallons, as that is what they are in now

they are approximately 1+ foot in length each (with tail)

the Koi is only about 4 inches, but will grow very large (up to and over 2 feet) depending on the tank/pond

anyone who knows about fishkeeping knows that well-bred large Comets, or Shubunkin, can fetch up to $30-$50 each if not more

(not to sound like an ass hole, but they arent just your average Wal-Mart $1.50 goldfish)

just trying to find a good home for these guys, preferrably local

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
well i have an outdoor pond that i made, concrete and gig river rocks. Its filtered and heated. it also has a about 25 foot long waterfall that goes around the garden area.....i kept Koi and goldfish in their and if i can get the temps and ph levels stable enough then im going to try different fish such as neons, tetras, more of the tropical variety that require more care than guppies or whatnot. I am going to have greenhouse type of enclosure so that i can try raising exotic fish... this summer?

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that sounds like what i want to do when i get a house

but i want just a few Butterfly Koi

wish i could find someone local with a pond...but I dont know really anyone who is into fishkeeping

·
Registered
319 Posts
Radioaktiv said:
that sounds like what i want to do when i get a house

but i want just a few Butterfly Koi

wish i could find someone local with a pond...but I dont know really anyone who is into fishkeeping

will my pet anaconda like these?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Both me and my friend that you guys know as RavenS13.5 here are into fish, and we actually have a side business we are trying to start building ponds. anyway, We already have 5 butterfly koi babies we are raising in a 100 gallon at Raven's place, but we should at least have room for the platinum koi baby, and I'm trying to get a holding pond installed soon at my place, so then I could take the 'bunkins off your hands. Are you gonna be at the meet? If so I'll talk to ya then.

·
Registered
0 Posts
91sentra said:
well i have an outdoor pond that i made, concrete and gig river rocks. Its filtered and heated. it also has a about 25 foot long waterfall that goes around the garden area.....i kept Koi and goldfish in their and if i can get the temps and ph levels stable enough then im going to try different fish such as neons, tetras, more of the tropical variety that require more care than guppies or whatnot. I am going to have greenhouse type of enclosure so that i can try raising exotic fish... this summer?
If you want some help with your pond, let me know. Concrete creates PH problems because of the lime and other dissolvable minerals in it. You'll need to coat it or line it.

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i might be there
depending on what i have going on tomorrow

if not, i'll keep in touch with you on the boards

good to find someone who can take proper care of these

·
Registered
4 Posts
We would be more than happy to help you out with your piscine friends, just let us know......P.S. since you are a DNE member, pond consultations are FREE..... give us a hollar! :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts