Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im finally getting my license (im only 16) tommarow and ever since i bought my sentra (94 xe auto) my friend with this bone stock civic(dx manual) has been challenging me to a race so i said the day i get my license we are going to race, the only thing i have for mods is a painted interior and some 16 inch rims, im getting a catback next week, but anyway what do you predict the outcome of this race is going to be? im predicting me

·
Registered
85 Posts
no offense but you'll lose, not only is your car an auto, but your inexpieranced too. If your friend has more expierence then you you'll lose, but the cars are on the same level and would be a good race, you never know what can happen......if you must race now, with no expierence then thats on you good luck. And getting caught on you first day of having a license is so appealing, so be smart and careful.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not inexpirenced i spanked a 90-93 accord lx by about a car length with my dad in the car, and hes not a good driver and has raced an auto jetta once before with me in the car and lost horribly, his father owns some property that has about an 1/8 mile paved road its private property that we can race the only trouble we will get in is by his father

·
Registered
85 Posts
I meant no insult but the fact of the matter is that you are inexpieranced.....maybe you know how to drive in traffic but racing is something else, there are alot of different ways to start off 0. Ive been driving for about 3 years (started when I was 16) but I realized I needed to learn what I was doing before I went out there and did it. everytime my friends and I go out I learn something new, and I always admit there is alot ore to be learned. Not only does your friend have the advantage of a manual, but he also has the advantage of knowing the course layout better then you, one second of doubt and you'll be passed. again this is just advice and I wish you luck.

·
Registered
85 Posts
hey dont let this kid think that Im the only one who thinks this everyone should voice thier opinion about this. there have been enough hits, but Im the only one who has commented

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The road we are racing on it s straight road that feeds out into a parking lot ive been on it many times, and also dont give me that shit "you may know how to drive in traffic but not race" how the fuck do you know i dont know how to race, i have a strip of pavement i practice my 0-60 launches whenever i want which is every coupla nights when i have nothing to do, so dont act like you know anything about me, dont tell me im inexperienced i didnt ask you to judge my driving i just asked if you think a civic dx could beat a sentra xe, also its funny hearing 19 year old that is driving a fucking grocery getter thinking its a racecar telling me how inexperienced i am you have only been driving for 3 years and driving a weak ass car that really doesnt sound like you are much of an experienced racer yourself

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got what I got, its just that its not ussual for 16 year olds to have the things that you have to your dissposale. Ive driven many different cars mostly my friends 300zx, bmw325i and jetta 18t, I was the unfortunate fool of the group who couldnt afford a sports car, my friends are going to help me rebuild a s14 this summer...that will be my race car, not the sentra GXE with the 1.8, its a great car but not made for the uses I want it for. I meant only help if you were to take my position I think you would understand, and I apologize for making so many assumptions, but hey like I said your case is an unussual one. And if your as expieranced as you say you are you should take the Civic it all comes down to ft/lbs.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont really have that much at my disposal, my dad just owns a farm that is across the street from us, and my friends dads owns this distribution company that has a road that goes to it that is perfect for a little race here and there, my car right now is just a temperary car, i bought the car when i was 15 just because my parents wanted me to buy my own car because they didnt want me to drive thier cars (2001 maxima, 83 camaro with 375-400 horse, and a quarter ton 2001 silverado) so i bought myself a little sentra and after winter im going to sell it and buy myself a sports car, im gonna get raped on the insurance but it will be worth it

·
Registered
85 Posts
well I didnt grow up where there were farms, and such.....and its kinda hard to race on military bases (father retired Army 25 yrs). My parents havent paid for anything, I got a great deal on my car, and the primary reason I bought it was so it would last. I had to learn about understeer and oversteer by listening to stories of my father and his friends, then when I came back stateside I had to implement what I had heard. The funny part is that its not all about car, but driver, hence my emphisis on expieriance....in an autocross event I beat my friends 2002 BMW 325i, was only a sec behind the 2002 jetta 18t, and 2.3 sec behind a 300zx, even so getting a good launch is important in drag. My dad doesnt want me racing cuz of the things that happened to alot of his friends, he says he was lucky, Im just trying to be smart.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
The only thing about trying to school someone so young and having the freedom of the country at his foot is that it just may fall upon deaf ears. This kid has probably been shooting guns and driving cars before he knew what they were. I'll give him some advice though, your car is a $hit-box automatic so don't be dropping the shifter to the low gears and snatching it up to drive because you'll be looking for a tranny soon. Straight-line races are okay, but none of that highway crap where you risk your life and everyone else's as well. Furthermore, enjoy your car and we hope to hear your next post is something uplifting like you spanking your friend with the civic. Stay away from stupid rice magazines even if you are a rich kid. And last but not least "Enjoy the ride".

·
I think I lost my mod-nes
313 Posts
Not to sound like your daddy, or anyone who gives a shit about you personally, but I thought this would be a good storytime. There's a 16 year old kid, much like yourself, who just got his drivers license 4 days before. He borrowed moms new car, a '01 Maxima, pearl white with tan leather, a roof, and he's trying to find himself a chick with this pimpin' ride.
Fast forward three hours to him being loaded into the coroners wagon after he fu*ked up and rolled the thing NINE times after racing some 44 year old in a Trans AM. Yeah, it was a straight line race, and, I'm sure he thought "hell yeah, I know what I'm doing. Hell, I'd "raced" many times before in mycar, and driving is easy, right???" This is something I saw first hand. I was the guy who had to check this wreck looking to see if anyone was inside, (The hole that used to be a sunroof was NOT this kids friend) and after it was cleared, I was the one who got the "unprivilege" of telling the kids parents. You're 16, and been driving on a private 1/8 mile strip for three years, you're a professional by now, aren't you, (So was Earnhardt, by the way) so I'm sure you'll do what you want to do, (after all, what would a cop know about anything, all we do is try to give everybody tickets, right?) and probably get spanked by a Civic DX. I'm just airing MY views on why an INEXEPERIENCED KID shouldn't race.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey that storey sounds just like me!! my mom also has a 2k1 maxima, i know i could be a transam with it, infact i am going to try tommarow night isted of my car im going to us my moms

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
MinorThreat, id listen to these guys man. They have had a lot more experience. Im 16 myself and just got my license, and I like to push the pedal. I dont blame you, but still man, just be safe, and dont try anything stupid. These people are assuming things, and you dont have to get mad, just remember us when something happens.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dude you guys are taking things way to seriously! calm down i was just asking about what your opinion on the 2 cars was, me and my friend are not gonna push it hard nor are we gonna hit high speeds, lighten up, its not like im like yeah i got my license now i can go racing every night, no fuck that im just gonna do this one little race and ill probably never race again after it, i hate street racing im just doing this because it has been an ongoing joke between friends, i thank you for your concern but lighten up a little

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Heh, alright man, no problem. We just want to make this board grow, and not loose people ;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just be carful man.lissen to these guys.and dont think that jus becouse you not guna go to fast you cant get hurt.I had to find tht out he hard way. it was the DAY i got my lisense i was in my sisters mazda rx7 which i took my driving test in. I was taking it for a little spin and one of my frends puled up to me at a stop light.He was in a preylud.we desided to have a little race. Well at about o i would say 50 mph his left front tire blew . he slamed into me and i fliped 4 times landing in some old ladys front yard. I was lucky i was unhurt. pluss my sister was PISSED.haha

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah but

Yeah but once you get hooked on the speed you won't turn back. Thats what happend to me, I raced my friend in his 89 Prelude and kicked his ass off the line but beat me at the end of the mile long race. I was was touching 95 on the speedo and was to afraid to go any higher, after that I was hooked and I'm in the process of making my car a little street devil. Really though its a bad habit, like smoking its easy to start and hard to quit. Going back to your race though, I think the Civic will win, his manual will eat your automatic. Just remind him it wasn't the fact it was a Honda that he beat you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the kids got 92 hp to the flywheel lol its a 1.3liter i dont know hes fat too so hes carring an extra 100 pounds hahaha he got spanked though by an automatic jetta im talking like 2-3 car lengths

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Nobody's trying to school you bro' (MinorThreat)! We just want to welcome you to the world of racing and having a good time while being as responsible as can be. Hell, you and that civic can go head to head everyday on an 1/8th of a mile strip and nothing may never happen. You're going to meet someone someday that has the balls under the hood to out muscle you left and right. All we're try to do is give a bit of advice to you and please don't feel like we're trying to parent you. When I race and I see kids or anyone doing stupid $hit to catch up, I immediately shut the puppy down and let 'em go. So my main advice to you, pick your battles wisely and when you see someone pull away from you nasty-style, let 'em go because he probably has more engine than you have car. Take care man and go spank that civic. BTW don't race the old girl's maxima and I'm dead serious on this. I lost a friend in a maxima because he was going too fast and an all too familiar story is he went flying out of the sunroof as well. Stay safe.........

Dee

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
Dude, you dont have anything to worry about. You are 16 and invincible!! Your smarter than everyone else here. You are the next Michael Shumacher. So go for it!!!

Oh, your automatic sentra will kill his standard civic.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts