Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, this is my first post to these forums. I bought a 1989 Sentra wagon today. Unfortunately automatic, but that'll do for now.

I got it checked out by a good mechanic and it needs a few things - rack boot, lower ball joints, right rear wheel bearings need repacking. Nothing big. Not bad for $700.

One thing I can't find, though, is a cargo cover. I've searched for trunk cover and cargo cover but no luck. My next step is to start calling around to the local junkers. If I can't find one that way, are there any websites that sell this sort of thing?

After that cargo cover (deter theft) I need to find a repair manual and start looking into fixing those few problems mentioned above. It has 220k kms, so it's weeping all over (no leaks), so I'm not going to be tricking this thing out. :lame: I'm looking for long reliable life out of this thing. Is this mostly a performance forum?

thanks,

new_balert

·
Registered
117 Posts
no but some of us are b12 fenatics and want to run the best time. better than the b13 which everyone has. so far i switched my engine to a ga16de then put internals and then turbo now working on sr20det with a t70 turbo. the ga had 367whp dyno tested @ 18psi. we usually like to just give it a little pep so we change to the ga16de from a 91-99 which is a bolton affair with the 89. it has 115hp stock and is decent for a like 80hp car to begin with.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bolt on, eh? So since getting this '89 sentra a few days ago I've taken it through twisting foot hills, quick dirt roads, slow crawl dirt roads and highways. Overall I really like it. I sure miss shifting, though. And it could definitely use more power. It feels like it's straining itself to get up to 120 km/h from a stop in a decent amount of time. I'm definitely not flooring it, yet. So, bolt on, eh? ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
yes all you need to do is grind the b12 mount bracket alittle and you can use the same trans or change to manual. mounts bolt right up. unless its 4wd then you would have to use the ga16de head with the ga16i block because the block is a little different

·
Registered
17 Posts
I need a cover as well.

The cover in mine is all ripped up. When you lift it up it looks like cheap cardboard that was duck taped together to keep it form ripping more. Any luck finding a trunk lining?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No luck yet, but I haven't been looking lately. Too busy with 3 jobs. All I've done to the car since is replace a rear wheel bearing, fluids change, and little cosmetic things. I'm finally doing the valve cover gasket tomorrow, and replacing the belts. Boring old maintenance. Then it needs new ball joints, a new engine mount and an alignment. That'll be next weekend. I'll let a shop do those jobs. I've decided not to play with this car much, and I'm hunting for a replacement late 70s -early 80s 242 volvo to goof off with. I'm old '81 242 isn't worth the time. Too beat up :(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you find your cargo cover? I'm looking for one, too. Where did you find yours? My Google searches for these things have turned up nothing. I suspect they don't exist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts