Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a '92 se-r and was wondering what would be a good first performance item for my stock sentra?

Also anyone who has gotten a 2 coat paint job on their sentras how much did it cost?

·
B13 Owner since 90
134 Posts
do an intake upgrade from Jim Wolf or a Cold air intake from Hotshot (very noticeable first upgrade + affordable)

since you are in California, call up Greg Vogel (also owns a Classic SE-R) At Mossy Nissan, you can order the parts from him. www.mossyperformance.com

where in california are you? if you are in SoCal, we will be going to california Speedway this coming Sunday (15th) to Drag race, please join us.

Tevs

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Punch your timing up to 17*-19*, and like Sunny said, get a CAI. You can make a CAI really cheap if you can get dimensions from somone for the tube lengths and have access to a welder, or buy a used one. I refuse to buy a prefabbed CAI for $200+ for a mere 5-10hp gain, but that's just me. Make sure your ignition system is in good shape, keep your tires at the right pressure, make sure your clutch is adjusted right. A lot of simple free/cheap things will add up.

·
Banned
118 Posts
What toolapcfan said....and...

Take out the interior...or at least the back seats (21# right there)...less weight = better lap times...
Put some stickies on it...
Get a good tune up...

I'm two out of three...on that...

·
Registered
118 Posts
hagasan said:
What toolapcfan said....and...

Take out the interior...or at least the back seats
the back seat in a classic really barely weighs anything. get rid of your ac compressor and bracket. thats a much better weight loss there.

·
Banned
118 Posts
the back seat in a classic really barely weighs anything. get rid of your ac compressor and bracket. thats a much better weight loss there.
...how much does the compressor weight???

Like I said,..the back seats weight 21 pounds...I'll be suprised if the A/C compressor weighs more than that...

Besides...I wouldn't be willing to give up my A/C...too hot up in here...

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sulat said:
I drive a '92 se-r and was wondering what would be a good first performance item for my stock sentra?

Also anyone who has gotten a 2 coat paint job on their sentras how much did it cost?
Intake and exhaust. $200 bills max.

Q in Sac

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Either
  • sway bars, or
  • 15" wheels and 205 tires
Tires and wheels help ALL aspects of car performance.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I vote wheels and tires myself. I noticed a massive improvement in handling when I mounted my SE-R wheels. The much wider and very sticky tires (Kumho Ecsta Supra 712s) make the car hold in corners at speeds unimaginable before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts