Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my story for the weekend.

We had an apointment for the 6000KM service on Saturday. We also mentioned the issue with trip meter (fuse) and had an issue with our rear wiper stopping like this / instead of like this _. The only way to get the wiper to reture to the _ location is the restart the truck a couple of times. It's hard to explain because it does not happen all the time. Got into an argument with the sales manager because he was saying that it is supposed to stop like that.

We have a friend pick us up to go for breakfast and we pass an ESSO with one of those skank shops and who's X-Trail drive up and parks at the snack shop...Ours!

I was telling my wife in the car "This is the first and last time we bring our X-Trail here"

After breakfast we go to pickup the car. The service manager says that they've fixed the trip issue (He blamed the Nissan factory for not putting the fuse in..what the heck is the PDI for then?) and they couple not duplicate the issue with the wiper. I reply fine..whatever. Then I ask if it is common policy to take customer vehicles to the coffee shop to buy coffee? He looked surprised and answered no. I told him what happened and he's like hold on..goes to the back to take to the tech who worked on our X-Trail and he admitted he did that.

The service manager comes back, appologies, says the tech did stop at the coffee shop while out on the test drive and says that they will take care of the bill for our troubles and handed me the keys. Just saved myself $60 bucks...COOL.

Just wanted to share.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
Lucky

You were lucky it was a coffee run instead of a pizza order delivery for the whole dealership. LOL :)

Now I know exactly what they mean when I get the service docket and it says "Test Drove the car, all OK!" LOL

The rear wiper issue could be attributed to a poor grounding/earth cable at the back of your exy, just were all the wiring is (under that black foam thing) it need to be checked by an auto electrician.

Mine has done exactly the same thing when I hooked-up a trailer to the tow-bar electrical socket.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Funny story. I wonder what size of coffee the technician got, since larger cups don't seem to fit in the cup holders.

I got a free oil change at my dealership as well. Some technician accidentally left the keys to some other vehicle on my passenger seat. I did notice until I got home. When I informed the dealership, they said if I returned the keys, they'd give me a free oil change.

·
Registered
140 Posts
We get the first four oil changes free, though the last seven years of post-grad tuition for my wife and a grad student's income was a high price to pay for four oil changes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Any Nissan dealership, if you buy a Sentra, Altima, X-Trail or XTerra and graduated from college or university within the past two years, you get the oil changes, a $350 rebate and 0.25% off the lease or finance rate. My wife graduated from U of T with a PhD last June.

Nissan accepts post-grad degrees (Masters and PhD). Toyota does not, or we may have just replaced our stolen Matrix with another. I grew rather fond of 7.5L/100km fuel consumption.

·
Registered
100 Posts
chansen said:
Any Nissan dealership, if you buy a Sentra, Altima, X-Trail or XTerra and graduated from college or university within the past two years, you get the oil changes, a $350 rebate and 0.25% off the lease or finance rate. My wife graduated from U of T with a PhD last June.

Nissan accepts post-grad degrees (Masters and PhD). Toyota does not, or we may have just replaced our stolen Matrix with another. I grew rather fond of 7.5L/100km fuel consumption.
Hehe, I meant, which dealership did you go to and have ur car used for a coffee run?
I already own an x-trail, but due to the fact I'm a current student...no such rebate :(

·
Nissan X-TRAIL Enthusiast
715 Posts
Oil Change

Well I had my second free oil change and the 12000k Service checkup.. in all with taxes $96.00.. not bad.. no problems... everything fine.. I was suprised to see that Nissan is using Mobil Formula 1 Synthetic as the recommended oil. The X-Trail uses regular oil and you have to ask to have Synthetic.

Stephen

·
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
691 Posts
Wow, that will be the most expensive coffee ever, hehehe

There's no free anything here, Esso is the oil supplier of NissanMexicana, so we can put the great synthetic Ultron at our X-Tys, It's a British oil, as good as Mobil1, but much clear, I've used many times, but it's not so easy to get at stores as Mobil1, that I'm using now at the other cars.

Imagine what happened when I drain ELF dino oil at Renault's Scenic & fill with Mobil1...

·
Registered
417 Posts
A mechanic's test drive is OK, The stopping for Coffee...meh, I suppose there is no harm in it, as long as they don't spill. If your happy with the settlement, then all is good.

I get 4 free oil changes with our Nissan Roadside Assitance program. I was considering specifying Mobil 1 at the first change, however thought I would be charged extra for the synthetic.

·
Nissan X-TRAIL Enthusiast
715 Posts
Charge

HI,

You are correct with the extra charge for the Mobil 1 Synthetic oil. The charge you the difference, which is not much... but worth the price.

QUOTE=ViperZ]A mechanic's test drive is OK, The stopping for Coffee...meh, I suppose there is no harm in it, as long as they don't spill. If your happy with the settlement, then all is good.

I get 4 free oil changes with our Nissan Roadside Assitance program. I was considering specifying Mobil 1 at the first change, however thought I would be charged extra for the synthetic.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
140 Posts
Been there while shopping for our X-Trail. Horrible parking situation. I don't see how you could leave your car there and not have a dented door by the time you pick it up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
local dealer

Interesting story...My dealer has their own recommended maintenance. They insist that the oil needs to be changed every 4000km, regardless of the 6000km recommended by the manufacturer. But hey, what does the manufacturer know?? they only design and producer the cars...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is one for you. My wife and I just purchased a 2005 x trail le. While on our test drive we stop for a bit to eat. My wife goes into the shop and I stay in the x with the kids and wait. As Im sitting there I feel a bump. I look in the mirror to see a guy in a corolla beater backing up from my to be x trail. I get out and the guy says " oh sorry man", and Im like dude I havent even bought the thing yet!" Good thing it was just a scuff that can be buffed out. Thank god for rubber bumpers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts