Nissan Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· ZPOOLNZ
1,736 Posts
Are your injectors leaking? If they haven't been replaced then you should. And if you smell fuel leaking it isn't a good idea to start the engine...

Have you checked the return line?

Also is the fire near the block or exhaust manifolds?

· Banned
5,869 Posts
JAMESZ said:
Are your injectors leaking? If they haven't been replaced then you should. And if you smell fuel leaking it isn't a good idea to start the engine...

Have you checked the return line?

Also is the fire near the block or exhaust manifolds?
I would think with an injector fire, it would be on top of the engine. The 2 burnt Z31s I've seen, this was very much in evidence. Sounds to me like there is a fuel line leak of some kind where the fire started. Obviously, there was some kind of spark down there also, possibly from the starter... Was the fire more by the driver side or passenger side.....

· Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I cant tell exactly what side it originated from since I was running about trying to find water (gotta buy an extinguisher). I just know that I was standing on the passenger side and saw it more centered than anything else.
A friend of mine said it might be electrical, and another said it could be a spark somewhere. Either way, we're gonna have to take it apart a little bit to change the valve cover gasket, so hopefully we'll be able to single out the problem.
Also, when the ignition is switched to the "on" position, I hear a clicking sound coming from under the hood. Any comments on that? At first as I sat in the car I thought fuel pump, but I was told those are usually silent. Then I realized its coming from under the hood.
But, the car is parked up, not going anywhere till I'm confident that its good to go. Any feedback is highly appreciated. I also learned a lot about other possible issues in other threads in this section, so thanks a lot. I just cant think about those little things until the car is running. :(

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.