Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a Z31 after wanting one for so long. Picked it up today...86 Black with Grey "body kit" (cant think straight right now). Oh, its an automatic...turbo. Got the car with bad VC gaskets, burning oil...but everything else was cool. Then we drove the car...oil went low...topped it off and some spilled over....car caught fire on the highway...twice (not to mention a close encounter with a guardrail in the sentra). To cut a long story short, I did get it home...kinda...and now my $400 project is really turning into a project. One thing though...by next year...this car is gonna be awesome. :cheers: I'm so happy. :)

· Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah...no 5 speed. I might just keep it stock....but its tempting to put on a 3" pipe, boost controller and gauge, just minor stuff. But for now...I need to get it running.

· Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol. Guess I wont be touching that yet then. Its a mess outside...car covered under snow... but I need to get familiar with the engine bay. I think I saw an online fsm...or maybe it was for another car. I'm gonna try to find that, so when the snow melts I can start figuring out how many problems I will have to deal with.

· Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. I downloaded it right after I posted. :) Now to wait for the snow to clear so I can pop that hood. :(

· Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hey, what program do I need to open the FSM file? I cant get into it.

edit: Forget it, I downloaded the zip file from carfiche instead.

· Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well yesterday i changed the fuel filter and hoses under the hood, but something is still leaking fuel. After I changed that stuff I cranked the car a couple of times and it didn't start. I didn't smell any fuel this time, so I cranked it again and it started up....then POOF came the fire...again. :( This time though I could see it really blazing from under the engine right by the firewall. Not entirely sure whats under there yet...but I will find out. If you guys have any ideas, please let me know. I surely wont try to start this car again until I get every possible thing checked. :(

· Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I cant tell exactly what side it originated from since I was running about trying to find water (gotta buy an extinguisher). I just know that I was standing on the passenger side and saw it more centered than anything else.
A friend of mine said it might be electrical, and another said it could be a spark somewhere. Either way, we're gonna have to take it apart a little bit to change the valve cover gasket, so hopefully we'll be able to single out the problem.
Also, when the ignition is switched to the "on" position, I hear a clicking sound coming from under the hood. Any comments on that? At first as I sat in the car I thought fuel pump, but I was told those are usually silent. Then I realized its coming from under the hood.
But, the car is parked up, not going anywhere till I'm confident that its good to go. Any feedback is highly appreciated. I also learned a lot about other possible issues in other threads in this section, so thanks a lot. I just cant think about those little things until the car is running. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.