1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Finally got round to painting the car. I left the hood front bumper, and sides unpainted in anticipation of the stillen kit i am getting in a few weeks or so if it goes right, and a carbon hood in about 2 months..... sorry bout the bad pics, they dont do the paint justice at all, looks way better in person. BTW- i did all the work myself..... :cool:

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its an acquired thing. My cousin owns a custom Hot Rod shop and I worked there for about 2 years. Painting is not really the hard part, its the prep thats a pain. For paint I just stuck with good ole Dupont with Sherman Williams primer. 2 base color coats and 3 layers of clear.....it needs to cure for a few weeks before I get around to buffing and whatnot. I also used a standard gravity feed gun and had to play around with psi before it would shoot the paint right......HPLV guns are almost useless with the 2 stage paints thats becoming the industry standard......its way too thick. If you want any other tips or some helpful sites then shoot me a PM. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
looks good so far

1 - 13 of 13 Posts