Nissan Forum banner

FINAL INFO FOR NYC SR20/Nissan Meet!

3K views 32 replies 5 participants last post by  i_rebel 
#1 ·
Jacob Riis Park in Rockaway Queens on July 27th @ 10:30am. This is about 2weeks away, so all who are plannin on attending should post their final roll call here ASAP.

As I stated before, the parking lot is very BIG. If the expected 30 - 40+ cars attend, there should/will more than enough space for us and the other park visitors. There is however a fee for the main parking area which should comes up to $3.25. This is an insured parking area so if anything happen to your car when your not around, they got you covered.:)

I don't want to charge anyone for food because not everyone would want to eat. The BBQing will be your own option if you wish to do so. So bring your own meat or buddy up with someone who is BBQing. I am more than sure that people who bring food will be sharing because we are not "mizers". Remember that the grills @ the beach are first come first serve and that if you have a mini grill it's best to bring it.

As far as the park is concerned, there are many things to do that you can bring your whole family (if you would like to). The beach and board walk is right there and there are also basketball courts, a golf course, a public pool, softball, baseball, football, rugby, paddleball and handball ect. Great scenic area with many places for photo.

And now for the cruise. I have been getting e-mails, PM's and IM's from guys litterally begging for a cruise where all of the guys will roll down and have some "fun." As we all know that the traffic in NYC is not really cruise friendly until you get deeper into Queens or LI. I don't have any set destination in mind for us to drive to and don't want us to just go there and say "Now what do we do?" So as of now it will have to be spur of the moment thing until someone suggests a place worth going.

Directions:
from Brooklyn and Queens:
From the Belt Parkway: take Exit 11S (Flatbush Avenue SB - Rockaways) to the Marine Park bridge. Be prepared to pay a $1.75 toll. Follow the sign that say Jacob Riis Park.

From Long Island:
Take the Southern State Parkway straight into the Belt Parkway West.
Or take the Northern State Parkway to the Cross Island Parkway south to the Belt Parkway West.
Or take the L. I. E. to the Cross Island Parkway south to the Belt Parkway West

From NJ:
Take the Goethals bridge to the Staten Island Expressway Then to the Verazzano Bridge, and take the Belt Parkway exit, and follow the directions above from Brooklyn.
You can also take the Outerbridge Crossing (or Bayonne Bridge) and take the 440 to 278 East (Staten Island Expressway).

From CT:
I-95 S or the Hutch S to I-678 S. Then on I-678S take exit 1W, which should take you to the Belt Parkway West. Follow till you reach exit 11s all the way to Riis Park.

For more specific directions check out www.mapblast.com or www.mapquest.com.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM or e-mail me.

See less See more
#14 ·
THE FOOD!!!THE FOOD!!THE FOOD!!!!
YES!

Where are the pictures.
Mental Note, do not use Matchlight charcoal on a small grill w/o sppervision. Although I had to run to work I made sure everyone had fun! next meet i will call in sick. So this is a every three month event average it seems and it gets better everytime. About time NY united. I am glad ther 240SX guys showed up. They are always invited. Maxima guys stay home. They are so not invited to any more meets!
BTW, it the sr20deforum down?

G
#16 ·
:mad:

You guys ALL suck . . . how the hell can you disappear before 3pm?

I went all the way out there just to end up letting my son drive my R/C car around while I roller bladed, and my lady friend took our pictures . . .

What happened?

#20 ·
i_rebel said:
:mad:

You guys ALL suck . . . how the hell can you disappear before 3pm?

I went all the way out there just to end up letting my son drive my R/C car around while I roller bladed, and my lady friend took our pictures . . .

What happened?
SR20B12 says he left around 5 which was inaccurate. I left at 5:18 and you guys were still there taking pictures. So I would assume you left a lot later. I had ot be at work at 6 so I left just on time.

Here is a copy of the post I posted on the SR20DEForum.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOOD, THE FOOD THE FOOD. DAYYYUM. THERE WAS A LOT OF FOOD. JERK CHICKEN....................Lets forget about that forest fire incident fellas OK? I am posting a picture of the turnout SR20B12 gave me. Those who didn't attend decide for yourselves if it was a FLOP!

I can see that the next meet will be even better. It is about time we NYC/NJ/CT (Peter) guys get it togehter. Although I got there late (Family issues) and I had to go to work I made sure my 3 1/2 hours there was spent making you all feel at home. That my job. I want to espically thank all the 240SX guys who attended. They are permantly invited to all meets as far as I am concerned. As for the Maxima guys.............whatever.

So this is a SR20/240SX thing now huh? NICCCE!

I am sure since the forum is back up we will get all the responses. I esically want to thank Walter, Theo and Kevin for the food! The Food! MMMMMM!

And this doesn't include all those that left b4 the photo shoot (LoneWOLF, NYCEP26 and the B15 I saw leaving) and those that came after it.

Whoever has the photos of the whole day and captured the mood please post them ASAP somewhere!

#21 ·
We left real late. It was almost 7 when we left, and it was great. Kinda worried at first since me and mario were there at 10:30 but it all worked out.
I got jipped on the food. I ate so much burgers and hot dogs taht when they broke out the chicked i couldnt eat anymore, but it sure smelled beautiful. HOpe to see you guys next meet.

#23 ·
The forum's up.....they just got a different IP address, so you cant use sr20deforum.com for now. Here it is sr20deforum
I was going to come back to the park later, but I got called in to work early, so I couldn't make it back. I hope we have another one soon. (Anyone going to the PA meet? I want to)

I missed a fire??? Man, I LOVE fires...lol...suuuure :D On a different note though Ian, whats up with your coldness towards the Max's? Bad experiences?

Lets do it again guys....next time I'll take the day off from work too. :)

#24 ·
andre said:
The forum's up.....they just got a different IP address, so you cant use sr20deforum.com for now. Here it is sr20deforum
I was going to come back to the park later, but I got called in to work early, so I couldn't make it back. I hope we have another one soon. (Anyone going to the PA meet? I want to)

I missed a fire??? Man, I LOVE fires...lol...suuuure :D On a different note though Ian, whats up with your coldness towards the Max's? Bad experiences?

Lets do it again guys....next time I'll take the day off from work too. :)
Andre, look in the picture. Count the Maximas. 1000 crews of Maximas in Brooklyn and Queens and not one was there the time I was. Whatever. I own a 4G Max so I felt that was a disgrace. And they cry about not having meets on their board. Whatever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.