Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
I hope someone out there can help. Mechanic says transfer case and rear differential fill plugs are shot and will be unusable once removed. He can't find replacements. I believe my Infiniti QX4 is equivalent of the same year Pathfinder. Does anyone know where I can find replacement fill plugs or suitable alternatives? Maybe screw size & specs if we have to improvise? Forgive my ignorance, but I love this thing and she's too young to die. Any suggestions welcome - I ain't too proud to beg!
Thanks in advance.
John

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The diff plug should be 32103-U840A or -U8401, both still show as good part numbers and also fit Pathies from '87~'04. Looking at the diagrams, I think the transfer case plug is 08931-5021A, that shows as a good Infiniti part but not Nissan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The diff plug should be 32103-U840A or -U8401, both still show as good part numbers and also fit Pathies from '87~'04. Looking at the diagrams, I think the transfer case plug is 08931-5021A, that shows as a good Infiniti part but not Nissan.
Thank you very much! Local mechanic told me they were no longer made or available through Infiniti or Nissan. With this info will press on! ATB!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're most welcome, happy motoring!
Hi again,

Well, those part numbers didn't work out.

Good news: We found a fill plug for the rear differential on a dealer's back shelf somewhere, but otherwise out of production/unavailable.

Still looking for Transfer Case Fill Plug:
Infiniti #33312-23U0A. Mechanic thinks Nissan Pathy equivalent should work, but didn't have Nissan part number.

Apparently same part number as Transfer Case Drain Plug so interchangeable. Now informed I need 2 of these. Sheesh.

So, if any leads, please advise. Going through the usual Google and online parts place searches.

ATB!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi again,

Good news: We found a fill plug for the rear differential on a dealer's back shelf somewhere, but otherwise out of production/unavailable.

Infiniti #33312-23U0A. Mechanic thinks Nissan Pathy equivalent should work, but didn't have Nissan part number.

Apparently same part number as Transfer Case Drain Plug so interchangeable. Now informed I need 2 of these. Sheesh.

So, if any leads, please advise. Going through the usual Google and online parts place searches.

ATB!
Hi again,

ATB!
This Just in: I found the plugs at Amayama Trading Co. Ltd: Genuine Japanese Car Part Imports - Amayama

A little over a buck apiece but around $20 shipping from Japan. They say 3-5 days. We'll see.

Thanks!
John

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,489 Posts
Infiniti sometimes uses different part numbers than Nissan for the same parts. When Infiniti began, they didn't want to make it easy for people or shops buying their parts for Infinitis to get them from the local Nissan dealer rather than the Infiniti dealer. Of course, parts that were specific only to Infiniti would only be available through them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts