Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ive got a question for those who have the fidanza flywheel. Whats the part number ? Is it qg18de specific or is it the SR20 item ?

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
there's a QG18DE specific flywheel, Unorthodox Racing makes it

www.unorthodoxracing.com

I can't guarantee an sr20 flywheel will bolt on the QG. I don't think it will, but I know the starter gear is different on the QG than the SR.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chimmike said:
there's a QG18DE specific flywheel, Unorthodox Racing makes it

www.unorthodoxracing.com

I can't guarantee an sr20 flywheel will bolt on the QG. I don't think it will, but I know the starter gear is different on the QG than the SR.
I know unorthodox make one, but i could have sworn i have seen posts about the fidanza item on the QG18DE as well. If fidanza doesnt make one that fits ill wait til next year when im coming back from canada to buy it locally so i dont get pounded by postage.
The SR20 guys on PGA are doing a groupbuy soon with fidanza so a fidanza wheel was what i was looking for.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
well after research, the SR20 one will not work on the QG. different starter gear and different bolt specs.

Save up yer dough and pick up the UR, it's a nice unit ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chimmike said:
well after research, the SR20 one will not work on the QG. different starter gear and different bolt specs.

Save up yer dough and pick up the UR, it's a nice unit ;)
Sorry to be a pain in the ass but can I get you to PM me the source of your information and any other relevant info.
Its just that i had this article pointed out to me: http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/may02/keithmay02.php
See the following quote at the bottom:

Both the SR20DE and QG18DE use the same clutch and flywheel configuration. See below:

Disc Specifications:

Outside Diameter: 8 7/16"
Spline: 13/16"
Teeth: 18.00

Flywheel Type: Step
Inches: 7.0e-03
Millimeters: 0.18

The UR unit was originally made for the SR20DE, but it bolts directly into the QG18DE with no problems or modifications

·