Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how to do it, and would care to help explain. I have had some ideas for pieces i want to make for my car, but i just dont know how to go about it. thanx

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
All I can tell u is that its alot of work yo......I just did my trunk panel and I had to fill in my emblem and key hole--I just kinda followed the lead of my boy......

My part was easy but he fiberglassed his radio panel to make a pod for his gauges----u HAVE to bondo, fill, sand, sand again, and paint--IT takes sum work but its worht it in the end.....

Im sure sumbody else could give u a little more detail and help

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could really use some help.... i want to make somehting for my trunk deck

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not trunk lid.... deck, the annoying red centerpiece....

i wanna make something like syndicate's skyline conversion....

i would ask syndicate, but he's busy, and i dont want to bother him, esp. since he's working on my grille :D

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
yeah but Syndicate is the man 2 ask about this....I mean wut do u have in mind anyway...All i did was fill in my holes but I luv the way my panel looks now all white---NOW I just got to figure out wut to do wit my lights.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
My site.

I have a complete step by step on how to build fiberglass kick panels on my site. Once you understand the basics of working with glass you can make just about anything. Check it out, it will definately give you some ideas that may apply to your project.

MThe only thing I'll add is that you need to buy the materials and just start messing around with it before you try and make the piece. Get comfortable with mixing and applying resin to both fiberglass cloth and mat.

www.wes.nissanpower.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts