Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,
Since we know that the front fender shape is larger than the rear making it look 'higher' in front even though it is not, can a bdy shop correct this? Or is it cheaper to just buy a corrected fender?

Seth

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
sethwas said:
So,
Since we know that the front fender shape is larger than the rear making it look 'higher' in front even though it is not, can a bdy shop correct this? Or is it cheaper to just buy a corrected fender?

Seth
GOOD QUESTION....wish I had an answer--lol

·
Banned
126 Posts
the only thing i've heard is SOME lowering kits come with the front shorter than the back to correct the wheel well... I dont know if thats any use for you, but thats my 2 cents

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, the reason for the front being higher than the rear is due to the fender design. From what I've read and heard the Bluebird actually doesn't HAVE that issue, apparently it's only a US Sentra thing *boggle* You can get fenders from a bodykit and replace them, I've seen a few kits where they mention this 'lifted front' look and how they corrected it with the newer fenders in the kits. Kind of an expensive solution but then again using springs to adjust the height of the car and doing it right and safely (using proper struts allowing for a lower stance) is also expensive. Unfortunately I can't think of an inexpensive method to solve the problem. As for a body shop making changes to the design of the fender I can't see how they could do much without removing the rear fender and cutting out the wheel well a little bit to match it...then again, that could be VERY expensive and you'd probably have to repaint afterwords, hehe

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey,
Playing with the suspension to fix a cosmetic thing doesn't add up right in my book.
If I get new fenders they need to be painted anyway, I just thought that the shop could melt the fender or 'stretch' it to shape.

Seth

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'd agree with you on the height adjustment thing, only person who could really give a definitive answer on stretching it or melting it and reshaping it would be somewhere that does it most likely. You could always use this annoying 'feature' as an excuse to get nifty new fenders and maybe a hood and bumper for you car :cool:

·
Registered
72 Posts
lower it and put some big wheels in to fill the gap,or if the size of the fender bother you mabye try to flares or some graphics to draw your attention away from the fender.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts