Nissan Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
No, the problem at this point is that you're past the deadline for having a dealer replace them out of pocket and then filing for reimbursement, that expired April 25. Honestly, the only reason I can imagine why this dealer is hosing you is that they're just ignorant of the settlement. Like I said, we've had no problems with labor and parts claims as long as the customer provided us a valid claim form. Have you tried a different dealer? Or maybe print out the lead page from the settlement website and give it to them along with your claim form.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Hmm, come to think of it, the deadline for "demand" replacement expired on March 26. Did you get a claim number before that? If not you may be screwed. There are circumstances under the extended warranty where we need to reject people because their headlights are only "oxide blind" and don't actually have degenerate chrome. Not much you or we can do about that, the warranty bulletin is what it is.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No, the problem at this point is that you're past the deadline for having a dealer replace them out of pocket and then filing for reimbursement, that expired April 25. Honestly, the only reason I can imagine why this dealer is hosing you is that they're just ignorant of the settlement. Like I said, we've had no problems with labor and parts claims as long as the customer provided us a valid claim form. Have you tried a different dealer? Or maybe print out the lead page from the settlement website and give it to them along with your claim form.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmm, come to think of it, the deadline for "demand" replacement expired on March 26. Did you get a claim number before that? If not you may be screwed. There are circumstances under the extended warranty where we need to reject people because their headlights are only "oxide blind" and don't actually have degenerate chrome. Not much you or we can do about that, the warranty bulletin is what it is.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Also my claim # came o a postcard like piece of paper with a tear off portion that I filled out and returned, I never received anything after that but all was done within the time frame specified, does this sound correct to you , and Iam so sorry for bothering you , you’ve already been so much help

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
If it came on a postcard then you're definitely out-of-warranty. If your first dealer visit was before March 26 then you're entitled to a new set of lights "because", on-demand with no BS. If the visit was after March 26 then you missed the deadline and you're basically SOL.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
PS - No bother, don't be sorry. I'm a Nissan guy who fixes things right, and it frankly pi$$es me off when dealerships treat people with valid warranty problems disrespectfully. This lawsuit settlement is akin to warranty and they need to abide by the terms, period.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Yep, my bad, I misread that. Claim had to be filed by March 26, which basically means getting a number. Here's the block copy from the website, I probably should've done that in the first place:
One-Time Out-of-Warranty Replacement:(1) File Out-of-Warranty Claim by March 26, 2022, and (2) Obtain replacements from an authorized Nissan dealer between March 27, 2022 - September 23, 2022.

And here's the terms that would apply to your ride:
(4) One-Time Replacement for Class Vehicles That Are or Will Be Outside of the Extended Warranty as of the Effective Date: If your Class Vehicle will be outside the extended warranty when the Settlement becomes “Effective” (January 20, 2022), you will have an opportunity to receive a one-time replacement set of headlamps after the Settlement becomes Effective.

Note that there are no ifs or buts attached to #4, you're basically entitled to one set of headlights (including labor) on demand. The headlights are on "intergalactic back order" right now, but as far as I know getting an RO opened and the headlights ordered before the September deadline is all you need to do, even if the actual installation occurs after September because of the back order.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yep, my bad, I misread that. Claim had to be filed by March 26, which basically means getting a number. Here's the block copy from the website, I probably should've done that in the first place:
One-Time Out-of-Warranty Replacement:(1) File Out-of-Warranty Claim by March 26, 2022, and (2) Obtain replacements from an authorized Nissan dealer between March 27, 2022 - September 23, 2022.

And here's the terms that would apply to your ride:
(4) One-Time Replacement for Class Vehicles That Are or Will Be Outside of the Extended Warranty as of the Effective Date: If your Class Vehicle will be outside the extended warranty when the Settlement becomes “Effective” (January 20, 2022), you will have an opportunity to receive a one-time replacement set of headlamps after the Settlement becomes Effective.

Note that there are no ifs or buts attached to #4, you're basically entitled to one set of headlights (including labor) on demand. The headlights are on "intergalactic back order" right now, but as far as I know getting an RO opened and the headlights ordered before the September deadline is all you need to do, even if the actual installation occurs after September because of the back order.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts