Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive been having problems with my headlights cant really seem to find a direct solution ive changed leds and they are a bit brighter but still not the way they should be ive also searched online and found out that alot of other people are having the same issue i hate driving at night because of this problem its a 2013 altima hopfully sombody will have an answer for me thanks guys!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You've probably either lost the chrome on the reflectors or accumulated aluminum oxide on the focusers. Very common on gen5 Alties. You're probably eligible for free replacements, Nissan just settled a lawsuit over "night blind" headlamps. Visit Suarez v. Nissan North America, Inc. for details.
thank you for replying will check it out

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
First time hearing about this. What are the signs of deteriorating low beam headlights?
Basically night-blindness. The gen5 Alties have the same "chrome" which is actually aluminum plating as every other modern headlight. However, the reflector is poorly-designed with an angle of attack that causes the plating above the bulb to overheat. Two things happen. First, highly-charged aluminum oxide particles don't stay put like rust, they start jumping away from the plating and settle on the first cool, non-charged surface they find -- namely, the inside of the focuser lens, where they form an almost invisible white film that causes the headlight to gradually dim. Eventually the chrome completely disintegrates and peels, at which point they become uselessly dim.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’ve tried this phone number and looked at the site, there’s not a person to speak to about this over the phone,I’ve got a claim # for a one time out of warranty repair, but like I said my dealership and Nissan corporate won’t acknowledge this, any further information would be great , I need some help here , thank you

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
The one customer we sent there got a fairly fast response via email. Our dealership has had zero problems with claims for headlights replaced using a one-time on-demand claim number. I get that the dealership might think they have a reason to jack you around, but Nissan Consumer Affairs shouldn't.
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
You could always do it one way. Lots of people fleeing the DPRC these days. No inspection here either, you can street-legalize a go cart. Happy to fix those lights whenever you get here.
;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts