Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· wont go any faster?
507 Posts
meangreen200sx said:
What up? I know this may be similar to a somewhat recent post, but i feel like i am asking somewhat of a different question. Is it possible to make an Auto GA16 fast?
possible yes costly yes. you can bolt the turbo kits and all that up to it but there is a problem with burning up the transmission you would have to get it rebuilt to hold that power. i havent looked too mutch into it but i was reading a thread about a guy talking about turboing his automatic and its looking like a NAY till he gets it rebuilt. but you can do the basic boltons that are out there and get a respectible gain out of it

· wont go any faster?
507 Posts
meangreen200sx said:
Enough to beat like a prelude with an engine swap(not sure what engine) and other mods?
eh not sure on that part. i was told atleast my 5speed ga16de stock vs f22e i think it is. the 2.2L sohc that it would be neck and neck. but i never did find out blew up my motor. i do kno that between atuomatic and standard the standards have a pretty good advantage over the automatic due to the gear ratio my guess

· wont go any faster?
507 Posts
meangreen200sx said:
ya i was wondering about shifting up from 1 to 2 to drive. ive done it before with a stock engine and the only advantage that i felt was i could feel boost at like 5 or 6 grand. Would that do anything?
first of i hope your running this prelude at the track. and 2nd while its in drive its should shift most gears about 6250 wich is where my auto shifted. but with the vtc system on our cars if your rpm goes too high you start losing power i shift right at 6250 so by time i shift into another gear its still pulling stong. the only thing putting it in drive 1 and 2 is holding it in that gear so the rpm are higher. i use to do it so it would sound like i had a standard lol SHUTUP EVERYONE yall probably did it too lol

· wont go any faster?
507 Posts
meangreen200sx said:
LOL I havent raced him yet but there is not a track in this town and the one in a-town isnt open yet, so yes it prolly would be on the street lol
if i were you i would never talk about taking it to the street. everyone here frowns on it. thats why my reputation isnt at 100 any more cause i posted questions about street racing. so if thats the case i would just keep that to your self

· wont go any faster?
507 Posts
DijitaL said:
DONT NETURAL DROP THE DAMN THING!! EVER!!
i plan on having some work done by level 10 and a good friend of mine.. who has a 375 whp GS-T eclipse mmm boost... mmmm.. LoL
yeah street racing is baddddddd... :dumbass: ( thats why you only speak of this forbidden area in PMS ;) )
my 96 sentra gle auto i neutral droped it all the time....but i didnt care about that car anyways. it wasnt really fun to drive unlike my 200sx

· wont go any faster?
507 Posts
wes said:
Actually the 249 was on my car. At any rate the GA16 gets tons of credability, it's just that people have realistic expectations for the motor. The auto's, I'm sorry to say, are pretty slow out of the box but can be made very fun cars. The auto also does not like boost very much so most people that turbo start out with a 5 speed or swap one in rather than spending the $$ on an auto tranny buildup.

I just completed an upgrade on my car and we will be pushing the HP envelope so we'll have to see what the stock bottom end can actually hold.
i was thinkin about this ..is it only that we cant boost to over 300 cause the bottom end and no one has built connecting rods and pistons that can hold more thatn what yall are pushing around 10-12 pounds i guess. i havent kept up with everyones turbo projects l8ly i dont kno whats the max boost any one has put on it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.