Nissan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
NISSAN SLAP NUTS
1,051 Posts
not to get all Honda on you guys.. but if the DE/and the VE
are in the same famliy.Couldn't you just swap heads,and use the upper of a VE and the lowwer of the DE? could be a diffrent route??

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
not really. different water jackets. I believe the compression on the VE is different as well. The actual block might be different in some ways.

don't worry though, other people have thought of this as well :)

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
chimmike said:
not really. different water jackets. I believe the compression on the VE is different as well. The actual block might be different in some ways.

don't worry though, other people have thought of this as well :)
You can swap heads, you just have to do an external oil passage like you do with the frankenstien LS Vtec's

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wait, wait, wait. Got another one. So ~180 WHP for the VE? I did a little search and it's about that much on this guys dyno sheet. Cause this is a pretty big decision, and I'm still learning here. Want my baby to push 200WHP N/A.

·
Registered
316 Posts
ASsman said:
Wait, wait, wait. Got another one. So ~180 WHP for the VE? I did a little search and it's about that much on this guys dyno sheet. Cause this is a pretty big decision, and I'm still learning here. Want my baby to push 200WHP N/A.
Just depends what you want to spend. You can easily get 200whp if you want to. I did 190 with the just sr16cams. Use N1 cams, bigger exhaust (I had a 2.5), better header then I hade (read the HS that just came out, supposedly better, or make a rear 4-1) and you can get over 200whp. This is NA hp so it will cost you $$$$

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just bought a SR20VE engine P11, Do I buy A SER 96-99 transmition or do I get the one from the SE B15. Also who sell the SR20ve To SR20de wiring harness( the one's where you just have to plug and play the harness without modifcation.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
good idea

I think that you can't make a vet wich will work on 91...
when racing, I use 98
if you want 2 get more power, you should raise the boost, that will lead to detonation
it is hard 2 build a turbo ve, because you will have to increase oil flow, otherwise the head will overheat and burn.

to turbo you will need
take sr20de exhaust header
turbo
boost controller

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
DeNismo said:
I think that you can't make a vet wich will work on 91...
when racing, I use 98
if you want 2 get more power, you should raise the boost, that will lead to detonation
it is hard 2 build a turbo ve, because you will have to increase oil flow, otherwise the head will overheat and burn.

to turbo you will need
take sr20de exhaust header
turbo
boost controller

lol wtf?

the sr20 turbo manifold doesnt work on the VE, you should buy a turbo manifold for the VE, the OEM one. Greg V. sells them. Also, if you know what youre doing, its NOT hard at all to turbo a VE

·
Registered
316 Posts
cHoPs said:
lol wtf?

the sr20 turbo manifold doesnt work on the VE, you should buy a turbo manifold for the VE, the OEM one. Greg V. sells them. Also, if you know what youre doing, its NOT hard at all to turbo a VE
Actually, the SR20DET manifold does work. Why wouldn't it. People use DE headers on a VE all the time. He had said to use the SR20DE manifold and I think you meant to say use the oem sr20det manifold that Greg V sells that is actually meant for a turbo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
oops... I meant sr20det exhaust

we've just bought a sylvia sr20de and want to make it a sr20det
it is easy in russia to buy used japanese goods. sr20det will cost $500-1000
but now thre is an opportunity 2 buy sr20ve and make a turbo on it. how do you think, on what pressure this engine will work without damage?

·
Registered
30 Posts
As far as the JDM market goes:
I believe the SR20VET is the only SR motor still in production, in the X-trail.
And the 150kW SR20VE with 6spd manual gearbox was only produced 2001-2002 in the P12 Primera 20V. I believe this was the 2nd to last SR motor in production.

·
265k miles and counting..
2,656 Posts
The SR20VET would be very difficult to swap as it uses a throttle by wire system and a coil pack ignition.It also connects to an ECU that controlls it's CVT transmission.The coil packs will not work with an SR20DET ignitor chip either.It's easier to use the SR20VE and drop the compression than run it as all you will likely keep of the very expensive VET engine is the long block and the exhaust manifold ( It uses a TMIC like a GTiR IIRC). I know none of this by experience, but I read about it on the SR20 Forum this article came from while researching a VE powered classic I am planning for a daily driver. It's a great resource if you are interested in these engines.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi guys!
Excellent forum going here!

I have one question.

With Hondas Vtec, a valve is opened electrically to send oil to the cams which activates the Vtec.
How is the variable cam timing and lift controlled on the SR20VE?

·
Registered
68 Posts
(-12) is sent to solenoids and openes it.
sr20ve = 11 cr
sr20vet = 9.5 cr
Ok from above I understand that a -12V (negatively switched) signal is sent to solenoids. Solenoids? How many are there?

Can someone give me a more technical explanation on how the cam timing is controlled on a SR20VE please?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts