Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend's car is a 2000 Sentra GXE. It had a fairly nice stock stereo with separate CD changer and 7-speaker system with the pillar speakers and subwoofer...

The CD player hardly worked and often got stuck, so we replaced her factory deck with an Alpine. I got the wiring harness from Crutchfield.

Most of it works well, but not the subwoofer, it doesn't seem to turn on at all. I tried doing some searching and saw mention of a Metra connector, and also mention of a possible remote turn-on cable, but no definitive answer either way as to what really needs to be done...

I assume the sub must get its output from the rear speakers via an amp? How do I get this working with the new deck?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, if you're having problems leading to the subwoofer not turning on, here is what I know about sound systems.

You do need a remote wire. This wire has to lead from the subwoofer to your fusebox, and be led underneath the fuse for your radio. Whenever the radio itself starts, the sub should kick on too. If that doesn't work, let me know.

You will need an amp for the sub to kick on however. Your remote wire will lead out of that, and into your fusebox (underneath the radio fuse), and with the output and input wires placed correctly into the sub, it should work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts