Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kit: Nissan GA16DE

Guys, this company makes the setup we need for the GA motor. complete! no hacking up things, fuel injectors/rail/ filters, bolts on.

The only thing is running the fuel management. could JWT take the ECU and make it work the ITB's????

I am investigating this. I would like a dyno run with this setup shown.

Chris 92 classic

·
Registered
71 Posts
This kit looks awesome for all-motor fans. As far as JWT you'll probably have to contact them directly to find out if they can remap for the ITB's. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. I may be interested when the money is right. Newborn on the way and all.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, I emailed them yesterday abot that and have not heard if they truely ran a GA motor with the setup and how they did it.

Now, I think we would need to use speed density on one of the TB's. You have to equalize the vacume on each.

I searched on the web and a guy cut off his 240sx KA24E manifold and installed some motorcyle units on his, made braces. He used a stand alone fuel management system, so no stock ECU used and no harnesses. he made the system himself.

This system has most of the stuff and a TPS sensor and plug with it. I need details if this manifold also has the Heater hose inlets on the passenger. The EGR and all of that is now gone. Then I have to rig up brackets for the canister purge valve. unless they did the homework on that. I hope the water hose that crosses under the manifold does not interfere. This is the reason they need to show me these things actually work. Now we can use top feed injectors.

I like the way the ITB's sound, a nice flutter like the old 510's with SU's

I hope that I can make this work. if I find it can work, then Iwill buy them and do a youtube presentation of the setup and install in stages for all.

The one good thing is that you don't have to hack up stuff, so you can return to normal and go turbo or whatever.

I would like Dyno #'s. I wonder if I will need more Cam to push the air through! I have the JWT units now, street profile.

Chris 92 classic

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here is what I got from Kevin at extrudabody:

Our Kits are no different from one to another........ we use existing Weber Based Manifolds and incorporate our ITB's to them. EGR is easily Tapped on one Runner and can be added to the manifold...... but is better vented to Catch Can as it is not conducive to making power, and the ITB's are not CARB approved anyway! Same goes for Vacuum for Power Brakes just Tap the Manifold for it!

AEM makes a Unit called the FIC...... We have used it several times to Sample the TPS Voltage, and Feed a +/- Voltage back to the Stock ECU via the MAF input wire (See AEM Tech Forums we have posted there) to correct the A/F Ratio..... The on-board MAP Sensor is then used to Fine Tune A/F ratio in the cruise ranges and Idle. Pretty easy to do!

If pictures installed is holding you guys back then please shop else where as they do not exist..... Extrudabody has a 100% Money Back if not delighted, that's the best we can do!

Thanks!

Kevin Thornton
Extrudabody: Performance Fuel Injection Homepage
509-498-8555

So we can use the TPS signal to the FIC and MAF wire. I wish we could get JWT to get in on this. I am going to petition Clark Steppler to buy a set of these and do some tuning! worth a shot!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, so i just bought an extrudabody just like this unit going on a 76 280z, im planning on hotter cam, header, motor is stock very low mileage l28.

plan to buy a MegaSquirt system and wire it up myself, would you be able to help with any literature or sites to help me out?

Jay

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,746 Posts
Go here for extrudabody:

Try this web site for MegaSquirt:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts