Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys..... got a major problem (well not major, just very aggrivating to me). I just bought my 98 200sx SE like three weeks ago. This is my second project car and this problem is VERY annoying. Oh also the car has 67k on it. But to the problem.....

Okay at higher speeds (like above 65) I get vibration from like what it feels like the cockpit back! I can even feel it in the throttle! It's VERy annoying and the ride gets rough for me because the sterring wheel even vibrates.

Now some history..... bought the car and the front tires were seriously worn, so I replaced them and also did an all wheel alignment on the car. I left the back tires alone because they're in very good shape. I also adjusted all the tire pressure on all four tires. 32lbs front // 30lbs rear.

So...... in my mind the only thing left that could be causing this problem is possible unbalanced rear tires?? The suspension seems fine to me so I don't think it could be anything there?

Please gimme some input!

Thx,
- LaRon -

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
well yeah, the first course of action would be an r and b (rotate and balance), but since the new ones are on the front, also check wheels for bends or what-not, and the tires themselves for irregularities like cuppping or skipping, then check suspension components.........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts