Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
g'day gents,

ok, some serious problems here with this nissan pulsar 1.8 2001, qg18 motor!
after having dramas with the head reconditioning place, and having time to actually do the job, i have fitted a reconditioned head onto the pulsar, all went well, so i thought. head fitted, car started.. ran ok... but seems to splutter and misfire at idle, not under acceleration.. also, the engine light is on, and won't come off! anybody here have advice on pulling codes?? also, has anybody done this job, and experienced this problem? compression is perfect, plugs are new, every sensor plug is connected...
do you think the timing might be a tooth out, on the cam gears?? would this cause it?? hence, the engine light stuck on, 'cos the cam sensor cant communicate properly? i checked it when installing, and i reckon its ok.. but i dunno... its not fuel related, that side is ok! so, please, if anyone can help with the codes, that'd put me on the right track and i'd greatly appreciate it!

thanking you very much, in advance.

John

p.s: the vehicle is an aussie spec vehicle, if that matters, as im in australia.. and sorry for the long post!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Go to autozone they can get the codes for you if you cant go there the machine to do it with is called an OBD-II, I believe

·