Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most vinyl treatment is for interiors, what is the best exterior vinyl treatment, like for the door handles and the plastic piece where the hood and windshield meet?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Also, Turtle Wax Ice can go on all black plastic parts and will give them a nice look...
I've applied Turtle Wax Ice, liquid form, to my 06 Pathfinder cowel and it now looks like faded plastic.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Ive done it to my black plastic fender flares, front and rear bumper, and mirrors and it made them look new again, not faded...maybe its the type of plastic?
Yeah, that's the problem, it depends on what the ingredients are in the plastic. The 2 other pieces of plastic at both ends of the cowel are fine.

Only way to make it look decent again is to scrub it off with a brush or use a dremel. Anyways, when the weather is nice, I'll take the cowel off and do something about it.

SO YEAH! before applying to the entire plastic, try a small area first and see what happens. Not all plastics are made the same and don't believe what the side of Turtle Wax Ice says... "no white residue on plastic and trims"!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thats too bad, I never tried it on my cowel so I can't speak about that, but it makes the mirrors and flares look REAL nice on my 97...

I do know that there are products designed specifically for plastic, we had a bottle of it we used to use on my moms old CR-V (with the half plastic half paint look) and that stuff looked AMAZING for about a week

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Thats too bad, I never tried it on my cowel so I can't speak about that, but it makes the mirrors and flares look REAL nice on my 97...

I do know that there are products designed specifically for plastic, we had a bottle of it we used to use on my moms old CR-V (with the half plastic half paint look) and that stuff looked AMAZING for about a week
It worked well on my 95 Pathfinder with plastic fender flares. It didn't stain that, nor did it stain the plastic on my 06 Pathfinder roof rack. Just stained the cowel.

There's a product out there, I think it still is, made by Turtle Wax. It's used on exterior plastics only. Well, tried that stuff a long time ago and remember it did turn the plastic trims darker for a long period of time, but it also attracted dust and sand.

Used it once and threw out the rest.

·
Registered
422 Posts
It worked well on my 95 Pathfinder with plastic fender flares. It didn't stain that, nor did it stain the plastic on my 06 Pathfinder roof rack. Just stained the cowel.

There's a product out there, I think it still is, made by Turtle Wax. It's used on exterior plastics only. Well, tried that stuff a long time ago and remember it did turn the plastic trims darker for a long period of time, but it also attracted dust and sand.

Used it once and threw out the rest.
haha, sounds like you are fighting an uphill battle!! When I go home this weekend I will see if the bottle is still laying around...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts