Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People who have PaceSetter or focuz headers do you like them, do they add power, have they hurt your car in any way.

I have read enough about how good Hot Shotz is and what people think about other peoples headers, I just want to hear from the people who actually have a pacesetter or focuz header on their car if it is good

·
Registered
82 Posts
my local tuner, he's worked on nissans for 17 yrs, said that his supplier won't even sell him pacesetters, because they crack. thats what the word is, stick with hotshot.

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
do they add power, have they hurt your car in any way.
Headers are good for around 5-15 hp. This range depends on the quality of the headers and whether you have an intake and exhaust to compliment it. The only way they can hurt your car is if they seriously crack which Pacesetter is known to do. Go Pacesetter if you are seriously struggling w/ cash to afford HS. However; don't be surprised when the installation is difficult, you don't get as much hp gain, and they end up cracked in a year or so. The Pacesetter headers are a cheap rip-off of a previous generation of HS headers.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Yeah Ive been around these forums long enuff to know that when Im finally ready to get to my engine --ITS gonna be ALL HOTSHOT.....

·
99 Problems...
331 Posts
Anyone that says pacesetter will crack before a hot shot is lying.
take a look at how may people have had busted flex pipes then talk to me about PS cracking. I have a PS sitting in my car now, paint stripped and all I will be dynoing this weekend then after the install to put all the haters in their place. Let's see $150 vs $400+ and you are telling me that HS MAY give me 1-2 more hp? No thanks I will stick to what I know.

BTW before anyone want's to start quoting SCC remember to quote everything in that article, i.e. the paint was burning off and fudging with the O2 sensor and each successive run it was making more power than the previous one.

I will post before and after dyno so if you want to wait a month you can have hard number instead of opinions.

O

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
Anyone that says pacesetter will crack before a hot shot is lying.
I have yet to hear of a HS header cracking. Please point me to the evidence and I will definitely agree w/ you.

Of course the flex pipe is the first to go, that is the weakest part of the whole header regardless of whether it is Pacesetter or HS.

Concerning hp, a HS is good for 10-15 depending on the rest of the exhaust set-up. I believe Pacesetter is only good for 5-10.

...and yes, it basically comes down to everyone's opinion, this whole board is 95% opinion. I'm just letting everyone know of my experience. If you have had a different experience, feel free to chime in.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Stillen headers work just fine and are easy to install

1 - 9 of 9 Posts