Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to do two things to my 02 Path LE but don't want to do too much taht could effect the factory warrenty on the vehicle. I don't know if either of these could potentially dmage something else. I was looking at some heavy duty springs from 4x4parts.com... they stiffen up the rear end when there are full loads or towing and give the rear about a 1/2"+ lift. I was told that I will need new shocks as well if I change the coils...and was recommended the Rancho RS9000X...WHICH, Rancho said have not been tested with the newer Pathfinders. Will this extra tension of the new coil and the RS9000X (which works with but, is not designed for the 02 Path) damage anything else underneath the truck? Any possibility of over stressing points of the suspension?

Second, will putting a new muffler (MagnaFlow or a Bullet) for a little noise damage any parts of the engine and potentially void its warrenty? I just want some character with a slight growl, nothing to take away from the "luxury" SUV.

I know these modifications will probably void the exhaust warrenty (from Nissan) and maybe if something happened to the rear end but, what are the chances of that happening to a Nissan or exhaust or suspension during a warrenty period anyways??

Any thoughts??

·
Registered
145 Posts
I can't speak for sure on the suspension as far as whether it would effect your truck in the long run. 4x4parts.com (AC) actually has a forum, you should post on there.

As far as the exhaust, it should cause no harm to your engine, jsut void your exhaust warranty or hold you responsible for anything that is caused by having an aftermarket exhaust.

I would venture to say that you should be in the clear on both...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Platinum02, you ever talk to the guys at 4x4parts.com? There are guys there that now everything for what your talking about. Goodluck though. Are you getting a dual exhuast? Yep I sure would growl if you got that on there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts