Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
6,117 Posts
check it out, i got a universal Magnaflow with 2" inlet and 3.75" after that. it had a silencer welded in there that narrowed it down to 2" and it made it quiet and pretty nice sounding but I don't like the fact the pipe narrowed down again so much. So i cut the silencer out with a dremel tool and like fifty heavy duty fiberglass reinforced cutters (have you every tried to cut a weld inside a muffler!?!:eek: )

i made my own silencer last night from some 4" stock on the lathe and I'm going to drill and tap 3 set screws at 120 from each other so I can make it stay in the pipe. now the silencer is both removable and 2.25", and I"m going to put a shorter pipe on there so it'll be a bit deeper sounding but no so loud (it's really deep and lout right now!!!)

oh i got a 36" glass pack stuffed in behind the cat too... that helps with the rice man action.

· in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
6,117 Posts
MP2050 said:
whoa tight work James. So how does the glass pack work? WUt does it do?
i first put on the magnaflow itself for just experimentation sake and it sounded okay but too much like your everyday coffee can exhaust. I went to autozone, bought the glasspack and it made a huge difference (i got 36" glasspack @ 2.25", perforated core). it sounds so much better with it!

btw got the magnaflow used for 40 smackers. was in great shape and it's got that mirror finish too!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.