Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what exhaust is out there that will make my truck sound good........not real loud but have a nice tone, stock exhaust has to go..lol ....and does anyone have an idea with the newer trucks with airbags can you delete it with a aftermarket steering wheel??

Thankyou for any suggestions or comments

Johnny

·
Registered
706 Posts
what exhaust is out there that will make my truck sound good........not real loud but have a nice tone, stock exhaust has to go..lol ....and does anyone have an idea with the newer trucks with airbags can you delete it with a aftermarket steering wheel??

Thankyou for any suggestions or comments

Johnny
Stop by your local muffler shop and have a 2.25 or 2.5" catback custom built and go with a 6" or 7" round Magnaflow or Dynomax muffler but make sure the muffler body 18" minimum and you'll be very happy. The dynamax super turbo mufflers are wonderful they just seem to rust out 3-4 years later...spraying it with some 1200 degree duplicolor with probably help it alot. Steering wheel with airbag saga...go with Grant!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a dynomax super turbo laying in the garage, 2.25" no less...

Only a 14" body though...

Never have been a fan of SILENT vehicles...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Never been a fan of smashed in skulls/faces/broken bones/rearranged facial structures etc...

please don't be a fool and get rid of an important safety device. The Hardbody trucks are not the Volvo's of trucks so every little bit helps.

And yes, they cause their own problems but not as serious as that without one.

As mufflers go, that is a seriously difficult question to answer. I like the Jayhawks and The Indigo girls and lots of different music. I hate rap and heavy metal bands.

Get the idea? What makes my boat float.. makes yours sink and etc..

·
Registered
160 Posts
Very true, like how somepeople said I whould put a 5" "top kick" exhaust on my SE-R.

I dont think so...

True @ peter on airbags

I know a guy in a 510 club who was messed up REAL bad in a wreck in a 510 because of the lap belts, with no airbag, his face hit the wheel...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the magnaflow and love it

I have the magnaflow and love it, they are cheaper on ebay but I wanted a warranty (the salt on the roads here in winter kills an exhaust) so I got it here. magnaflow 16901, or you can try one of the vendors here, they are always running sales/specials. either way its a great system and very easy to install.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have the magnaflow and love it, they are cheaper on ebay but I wanted a warranty (the salt on the roads here in winter kills an exhaust) so I got it here. magnaflow 16901, or you can try one of the vendors here, they are always running sales/specials. either way its a great system and very easy to install.
All the mufflers I've seen from Magnaflow, even mine are of Stainless steel construction no rusting or corrosion problems!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Flowmaster anyone?

I have a 2.5" cat-back Flowmaster 40 series and it sounds pretty throaty when you get it under load but at idle it just sounds like a deep but soft rumble. Also mine is a complete custom job they ran the tailpipe between the leaf springs and the frame because of the trailer hitch that my truck has. I once was leaving a place and a guy had just pulled in with a Silverado SS that had the same exhaust as mine and when I pulled out he looked back at his truck thinking it was his. any ways thats my spiel on things I seem to be outnumbered by the Magnaflow and Dynomax guys so go with whatever makes sense to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts