Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
combined with air intake i just want ideas on the best exhaust that wont give me that loud ass rice sound but a sound that people will here from a distance thats not quiet but deep and throaty, if i can get some help that would be great, thanks

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
I've heard that the Stromung is a nice one to have with a good tone. The Tsudos the local performance shop sells are also pretty sweet. And if you love huge tips, the Apex'i Dunk has a nice deep tone.

·
Registered
126 Posts
yeah the stromung exhaust has a really nice sound to it. The problem is I wanted something a bit louder but its the best for the sentra. Won't get any attention from cops but enough attention from other car fans.

·
Driver
736 Posts
SentraRacer97

Is your stromung resonated? Mine isn't and I consider it to be pretty loud, but in a good way. Just wondering how yours is...

·
SIMPLICITY is the KEY
315 Posts
Deep as the Abyss....

Blu200SX said:
combined with air intake i just want ideas on the best exhaust that wont give me that loud ass rice sound but a sound that people will here from a distance thats not quiet but deep and throaty, if i can get some help that would be great, thanks
Stromung put a huge resonator on mine for an extra $30. The tone is probably what your exactly looking for, nice n deep/put ur ass to sleep. From what I here, any piping w/out a resonator turns out to be loud and rapsy.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Blu200SX said:
resonator? im not familiar with that...my bad dude can you inform me?
A resonator is just a glasspack with a fancy name. It's a fiberglass-packed straight-though tube with perforations in the fiberglass that slows the air down a little, deepening the tone and quieting down the sound. The increase in backpressure isn't much and they really help the sound and volume level of the exhaust system.

·
Registered
87 Posts
get the N1 style muffler...wit 2 1/4 in piping run from the catback...and remove the resignator....it gave my car a nice deep but aggresive sound....i havent had n e complaints yet bout it sounding shitty at all...sounds great

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
nss200sx said:
get the N1 style muffler...wit 2 1/4 in piping run from the catback...and remove the resignator....it gave my car a nice deep but aggresive sound....i havent had n e complaints yet bout it sounding shitty at all...sounds great
He has a 1.6..... Don't go above 2" on the piping.

Read the tech section on Sentra.net and the back issues of NPM

http://www.sentra.net

http://www,nissanperformancemag.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts