Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Stromung or the Stillen exhaust system for the Spec V and have a few questions. Has anyone installed one of these exhausts? The Stromung system is considerable more expensive. Is it worth the extra expense? Do these systems have a loud exhaust note or something more tolerable. I do not want a loud car. Was there a noticeable increase in power?

My other option is to install a 3(three) inch Bullet high flow muffler that I have lying in my garage. Is this diameter too large? I would like anyones comments on their aftermarket exhaust system for the Spec V. Thanks.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hope this helps. Last time I checked the Stillen was just a muffler and the Stromung was cat-back. Look at it in this perpective and I know that I don't want to pay $300+ for a muffler. I still have stock and am in the same boat as you. I've heard the Stromung has a nice deep tone to it once you get on it but at cruising speeds is very quiet. A little birdie has told me that a company is working on a dual exhaust system so I'm waiting for it and see what the results are.

·
Registered
369 Posts
STROMUNG EXHAUST

I would buy stromung beacause it is made well and has a deep exhaust note. It does not sound like a rice box. also if you are going to get a header you can get your exhaust with a o2 sensor location so you will not have to take it to a shop to have one installed. I have one, my car sound sorta stock until I step on it:eek:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the stillen muffler with a larger exhaust piping... i went with the 2.5" not many people have. Ill tell you its a very nice sound, yet when i got my headers on.. wow was there a change in the tone. It raised noticably yet alot faster now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts