1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
783 Posts
The Megan exhaust is loud, loud, loud. If that's okay with you, then it's decent for $300. Quality isn't up to GReddy or Cattman, but it works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea but if you go Greddy your looking more towards 500-700 per kit. Is it going to give you that sort of import sound? Also im wondering if you think a 1996 Maxima is worth modifying. the engine has 166k miles so it isnt brand new. Im willing to put good money into it becuase its a good car and has potential to go pretty fast. just would like some more opinions.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Depends what you want to do with the car, how long you plan to keep it, etc. Read some threads on Maxima modifications, generally best bang your buck is a y-pipe and an intake... but I'd run a compression test first to make sure the engine is still sound.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright. Im new to the modification world so bear with me. How would i run a comression test? is it something i coudl do my self or i could do in my buddies fully stocked garage, or do i need it done by professionals?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Buy a compression tester and use it... if you have a Haynes/Chiltons/whatever or the FSM it will tell you how specifically to run a compression test on a Maxima.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 1996 maxima had a borla S type that was 250 installed but i also have a Y pipe that makes everything sounds amazing, a BMW M3 owner said that the pitch was pretty close to his 2003 M3!!! Also you need to watch back pressure and things like that. I messed up my 4AT 3.0 motor revving with no cats... Needed an engine bore to a larger size the dealer said. So careful what you do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts