Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone has had their full exhaust system done.... Header, pipes, high-flow cat, and exhaust.... Show I keep my exhaust I have now that is a 3" outlet.... or is 2" better for the B14's? Any input would be helpfull, I'm looking to add a little more power. :cheers:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tony200 said:
2 inches only. nothing bigger than that.
Yeah someone else or I read it somewhere that not to go bigger than 2 inches. How much about did you all pay to get it done?? Just wondering what some prices are..... I have some quotes comming from mechanics but any help will do! Thank you!

·
Banned
4,308 Posts

·
Have I Hit 12's Yet?
5,325 Posts

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
oh really? i just know they are cheaper than summit or JCW.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
^only for the SR20. (2.25inch pipe and 2.5 inch)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seems like a struggle to find stuff for the 1.6...... we need fun too....... or should I take it to an exhaust mechanic and see if they can bend me one?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
^ best bet, but i doubt you would get stainless......if you even care lol. the only differance is it wont rust and you get that nice bling with your car on a lift :thumbup:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Believe it or not.....

I have a 1994 B13 1.6 Liter with the Greddy SP exhaust. Many people will tell you that it is an application ONLY for the SE-R 2.0 Liter motor which is false. In their catolog it lists the Greddy SP for both the SE (or 1.6) and the SE-R (2.0) liter motors. 2 Inches is perfect for our 1.6 liter motors and the Greddy SP exhaust has 50mm piping,and bolts perfectly up to BOTH platforms. So you see THERE IS A BOLT ON EXHAUST for 1.6ers out there, its just either too pricey for some or people just dont still believe it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Greddy SP

Im just waiting until they release the Greddy SP for the SE/SE-R in full stainless steel piping.Then again my original Greddy SP has held up pretty nicely so far and is awesome quality.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
^ none, i love the sound of my Greddy though. sooner or later im going to replace the pipeing with VRS kit and a lonnnnnnnnnnnng resonator.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well there might be a difference from a custom made exhaust in terms of sound, length of piping, type of muffler used, mandrel bends or crushed bends. So yes there could be a difference. The Greddy is a ready right out of the box bolt on exhaust with all piping and gaskets ready to go from the cat back. Hope this helps you guys.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Incorrect my friend- the Greddy SP exhaust for 91-94 Nissan Sentra SE/SE-R is listing as having 50mm piping- about 2 inches in diameter. The 95-99 cars are shown with 60 mm piping which is a little bigger in diameter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a mint 300 Z (non turbo) and I recently re-did exhaust with an X pipe and Magnaflow system. Dual exhaust with 4 tips. She sounds GREAT and is running great, but she is running Rich. Exaust pipes get filthy quick. Should I be concerned with the 02 censors not reading the right fuel mix? I don't want to choke her out. Again she is mint. 45K miles. Anyone run into this?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
^ you realize this is the 1.6 section? the Z32 guys can help alot more. we have quite a few on the board, good luck :cheers:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts