Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I think I lost my mod-nes
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching Gone in 60 seconds last night with my wife, and watching all of the cars, and hearing how much better they sound than my stock 1.6 I came up with something... I kow there's different exhaust systems for our cars, but which one will give me the sound that I'M looking for? I've had tons of suggestions, but I've got a specific sound I'm trying to accomplish. That would be that of a Porsche. :)
Now, I know obviously that it's not possible to make a 4 cylinder Nissan engine have the same exhaust note of a Porsche, exactly, but my God, they sound sweet. Someone on here must know something. I used to have a Probe GT, and I spent all of my money modding it, and it sounded really good with a Borla exhaust. I had a Greddy at one time, but didn't like the sound. It was more like a street bike, which I don't want.
Thanks for suggestions. Also, if ya'll can tell me where I could order this stuff. I'm in Ohio, and there's um, no shops around here, with the exception of Summit Racing, and their prices are out of control, so they're out.
Thanks

·
I think I lost my mod-nes
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How would either of these things make the exhaust sound like a Porsche? The turbo I can see more than switching an [email protected]) in. If I was gonna spend that kind of money, though, why not just take the 2-3 thousand, and put it and my paid off Sentra toward buying a REAL Boxster?? Then it'd sound like a Porsche, too. Really, though, I'm kind of on a limited budget. House payments, insurance payments, and oh yeah teh fact that I'm arried, and I'm not even allowed to have my paycheck. :( God, my life sucks. I still say I need to find me a girl with a Sentra. Sentra girls are probably more down to earth than my wife. Anyway, that kinda went off my topic, so I'm done for now.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
97sentragxe said:
I'm in Ohio, and there's um, no shops around here, with the exception of Summit Racing, and their prices are out of control, so they're out.
Thanks
i'm from ohio, my god don't move out here..... Sioux Falls is the only thing that resembles a city and its only pop. 180,000 lol, but the economy is great out here! anyway i'd get both exhuast and intake.... as for sounding like a porche.... why would you want that???? i perfer the sound of my nissan over anything, but then again a nissan to me is like a member of the family;) . go with a hotshot or place racing cold air intake, and for exaust well i went with stromung and i am having them weld in a resonator to keep the tone low.... havent got it yet (the stromung set up) so i cant tell you how it sounds.... set me back like 573 bones though. if you need phone # check out sentra.net and go to the vendors listing.:D

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
I prefer the sound of an intake to the sound of an exhaust. Intake only makes noise when you want it to. An exhaust drones all the time and can make highway driving really annoying.

·
Registered
674 Posts
My thought is to do intake first, then exhaust. If you do exhaust first and your airbox is restrictive, exhaust may not do much. As someone else said, "you can only shit as much as you can eat."

·
Registered
118 Posts
buy the exhaust first. the person who gearheads quote originally came from is named andreas miko, and he knows a lot of shit about the sr20 engine. the quote is wrong though. you can only eat as much as you can shit. think about it, more air is going into the engine, but cannot get out, due to the restricitive stock exhaust system. you probably wont be able to get your sentra to sound like a boxster, no matter what you do, shy of a boxster engine swap. ive heard many good things about the hks sport exhaust for the se-r, i dont know if they make one for your car

oh, and im also in ohio. dublin, more specifically.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts