Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 93 nx with a sr20de in it. I am wanting to change the exhaust (at the moment it is factory). I believe that with a non-turbo you dont want much more than 2.5" exhaust otherwise you lose back pressure and 3.0" for turbo... and suggestions?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for a n/a engine i want to bolt on a turbo.. will i have to change any of the internals? i dont want to run excessive boost..as for a turbo and intercooler .. any suggestions/recommendations.. i want take off speed rather than top end speed... is an r33 intercooler too much over the top?

·
All over your face!
2,384 Posts
Richard Humphries said:
will i have to change any of the internals?
Yes, you will need to lower the compression ratio.
Richard Humphries said:
i dont want to run excessive boost..
You say that now, but wait till you feel the boost. Always plan for more boost, beause in the end, you will have it.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will have to agree, boost will come with time

LEE

·
99 Problems...
331 Posts
OPIUM3 said:

Yes, you will need to lower the compression ratio.

You say that now, but wait till you feel the boost. Always plan for more boost, beause in the end, you will have it.
NO you will not need lower compression pistons

Get the complete set-up off of the Bluebird or gtir and make sure the computer, clutch, and injectors can handle it

Research atleast 2 months before you buy anything
go to sr20deforum.com and look around

And there you have it (~220whp)
any questions? :D
O

(yes largest for N/A 2.5in turbo 3in the t28 and t25 both have 2.5in down pipes)

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Richard Humphries said:
for a n/a engine i want to bolt on a turbo.. will i have to change any of the internals?
NO. The stock SR20DE engine will take 450 HP without changing anything. What you're going to have to watch out for is detonation. For the most part, 260-280-ish HP is probably about the most you'll ever get with a stock SR20DE motor on 91 octane pump gas. Not because the engine can't take more, but because you're going to start detonating after that.

as for a turbo and intercooler .. any suggestions/recommendations.. i want take off speed rather than top end speed... is an r33 intercooler too much over the top?
It is if you're only running low boost. Look at the intercoolers Hotshot and FMAX offer... depending on how much power you're planning on making and how much boost, and how large your turbo will be, one or the other of those should work pretty well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts