Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Sensor light that want go out is related to the exhaust being inspected I had found out. I probably need a new exhaust system but I called the Nissan Delearship service dept. and the guy said that was a California thing and you can pull the wire out under the hood. He said, it was a green wire. Where's this located at? That light so bright at night.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,554 Posts
Under the steering wheel there is a cover. Take it off (4 screws). In the upper left hand corner you'll see a wire with a clip on it. It says unplug after 60K miles I think (or something close) unplug it.

fixed;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
Under the steering wheel there is a cover. Take it off (4 screws). In the upper left hand corner you'll see a wire with a clip on it. It says unplug after 60K miles I think (or something close) unplug it.

fixed;)
Thanks. I'll go check it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
No problem.

Man, I screwed up. I missed understood you. I took the horn pad off and then unscrewed the 4 screws. I couldn't get the shock/springs back in place so the horn would work. It took over an hour. I came back in and read that you said under the stirring wheel.

Can you get to it by the single screw door or take all the screws up under the wheel? This is 'bout to drive me to drink. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
Under the steering wheel there is a cover. Take it off (4 screws). In the upper left hand corner you'll see a wire with a clip on it. It says unplug after 60K miles I think (or something close) unplug it.

fixed;)

I found the wires in the clip under the wheel. When I pull it out the entire dashboard goes out. Which wire is linked to the light that says SENSOR? I never did see a sign or anything that said unplug after 60k.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,554 Posts
....

You looked in under the wrong thing... Twice

The cover I'm talkinga bout is right under the steering wheel tilt controls, surrounds the hood latch control, etc...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
....

You looked in under the wrong thing... Twice

The cover I'm talkinga bout is right under the steering wheel tilt controls, surrounds the hood latch control, etc...
I finally got it fixed. I just reached behind there and pulled the light out. Thanks for leading me to it anyway.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,785 Posts
slicked25 said:
I finally got it fixed. I just reached behind there and pulled the light out. Thanks for leading me to it anyway.
Hehe, welcome to the Z. Fortunately, this car is pretty easy to deal with, for the most part.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
♣Zen31ZR♣ said:
Hehe, welcome to the Z. Fortunately, this car is pretty easy to deal with, for the most part.
The funny thing is that I've never really worked on a car before I got the Z. I had a Chev.tahoe and the only thing I did to it was change the oil. But for some reason this car if fun as hell fixing up. I've got 118,000 miles on it and 3 of it's mine.

Can I put 225 tires on a not-turbo? It's say's 215 inside the console but I think 225 looks better and more control in curves.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top