Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i recently blew my exhaust pipe out right at the flange where it bolts upto the exhaust manifold... tried tack welding it back on so it wasn't quite as loud but i ordered the new pipe anyways (180 bucks OUCH) anyways when i picked up the pipe the guy told me that he only had 1 of the exhaust gaskets and not the other one that goes where the pipe bolts onto the manifold i was just wondering if i even need a gasket on there or if it possible to maybe use the old one???? i really wanna put this pipe on because i'm sick of driving a loud car that blows exhaust inside when u turn on the heat

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
-bump-

sorry forgot to add if u think i should just order the gasket and wait i will :S

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
get to a dealer they should have those in stock ...elsewhere too ...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice! i never called the dealer for the gasket only the place that i got the pipe from but i'll call around tomorrow for sure gotta get this done and back to work (delivery) lol good ol sentra takes a lickin n keeps on tickin

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well today i went all over the place looking for one of those damn gaskets and it seemed almost impossible to find even the nissan dealer didn't have any :S shame on them... but anyways i still wanted to get this done and over with, so i took the pipe off and the old gasket looked just like new so i reused that one and it once again purrs like a kitten :D i guess i just got lucky that the gasket was still good :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts