Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently purchased a 98 maxima se. everything is stock, but noticed when it was up on a rack that the exhaust system was looking pretty corroded. the car came from penn., so i realized it was salt most likely the cause.
so, since i'm going to have to replace exh. system i was wondering what would be a good system to go with? i wouldn't mind a little more tone, but not to loud. any suggestions? any performance gain? m.p. gal. gain?
thanks wayne :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
783 Posts
No such thing, unfortunately... IIRC the GReddy SP2 isn't too bad with a stock y-pipe and cat, but I haven't heard too many others recently. Custommaxima, Frankencar, and Cattman all probably have something, too.

If it looks loud, it probably IS loud. And most aftermarket exhausts, once you add an aftermarket y-pipe, tend to get MUCH louder and more obnoxious, so keep that in mind. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
cattman's exhaust has a real nice tone to it. its louder than stock for sure, any aftermarket exhaust is going to be, but its the nicest sounding exhaust I have ever heard on a Maxima.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the Greddy SP, it is not very loud at all, and it does not drone on the high way. It got much louder when I started running a straight pipe for a cat, but if you are not doing that it is not very loud....do not get Stillen if you want something that is close to being quiet...Stillen sounds like crap and its really loud

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cattmans is a good idea

Cattmans has a ton of maxima parts

CaLSoNiC said:
cattman's exhaust has a real nice tone to it. its louder than stock for sure, any aftermarket exhaust is going to be, but its the nicest sounding exhaust I have ever heard on a Maxima.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts