Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run into any problems with the exhaust system on there Pathfinder? I have to get the entire thing replaced, and I was wondering if anyone had similar problems, and how much it might send me back.

I need a whole new system.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have an 02 SE with 160K miles with all original exhaust - until a week ago when it went at a flange. I live in the NE so I'm not complaining. I replaced from the cat back and the total was $780. The parts were in the neighborhood of $450 and the rest was labor. My mechanic contacted the dealer and they wanted $900 + for the parts alone. The cats are still good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lou: My 01 SE had a problem 3 yrs ago. The exhaust broke immediately after the muffler. It sounded the same! I only knew because the guy behind me pulled up next to me at a light and told me the tailpipe was bouncing around.

Nissan wanted $1,100 to basically put on a crappy OEM catback.

I went to a local performance exhaust place and for $350 they put on a Flowmaster 2 into 1 muffler and all SS piping to the rear and a nice rolled 5" exhaust tip.

At the same time I had them weld in a new muffler to my maxima for $100 more so the $350 above would have been like $400 by itself.

Saved essentially $700 bucks, got a new muffler as well, got rid of the useless rear resonator and got SS and a great sound.

Screw Nissan for that. Upgrade!

Ed

·
Registered
5 Posts
2 of the cats went bad at maybe 60k miles (i didn't know they were covered under warranty until after i replaced them with high-flow cats).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts