Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought the hot shot header, now i am thinking, is it possible i can put dual exhaust ? one one each side of the rear car ? and thinking two tips on each side ???
ihave a spec-v 05 by the way

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
You can, but you will lose an incredible amount of ground clearence due to the design of the car, most likely lose power, and gain quite a lot of criticism. Obviously, this would be a custom job and would probably have to be done in crush bent piping as opposed to the better mandrel bent.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
then what should i do

NickZac said:
You can, but you will lose an incredible amount of ground clearence due to the design of the car, most likely lose power, and gain quite a lot of criticism. Obviously, this would be a custom job and would probably have to be done in crush bent piping as opposed to the better mandrel bent.
what would be the optimal size for my exhaust pipe for my 2.5l engine and should i just put the magnaflow muffler that has two tips like the stock but are bigger?

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
sarsourus said:
what would be the optimal size for my exhaust pipe for my 2.5l engine and should i just put the magnaflow muffler that has two tips like the stock but are bigger?
If you are going N/A, optimal size is without a doubt 2.5 inch piping. 2.5 will also work for turbo, but 3 inch is preferred by most of the Spec V F/I guys. I run a 2.5 inch VRS with a 14 inch Magnaflow muffler. Some people will say a 2.25 is better, but dynos show on 2.5 liter engines that the 2.5 inch piping yields higher gains. The NISMO is IIRC 2.36.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so???

NickZac said:
If you are going N/A, optimal size is without a doubt 2.5 inch piping. 2.5 will also work for turbo, but 3 inch is preferred by most of the Spec V F/I guys. I run a 2.5 inch VRS with a 14 inch Magnaflow muffler. Some people will say a 2.25 is better, but dynos show on 2.5 liter engines that the 2.5 inch piping yields higher gains. The NISMO is IIRC 2.36.
so should i get a 2.5 piping with a large resanator and a magnaflow muffler ? but don't forget i want the deep tone not the loud civic ricey type...

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
sarsourus said:
so should i get a 2.5 piping with a large resanator and a magnaflow muffler ? but don't forget i want the deep tone not the loud civic ricey type...
Considering you have a header, definately get a resonator. The bigger the better in terms of a deeper tone. It is going to be loud no matter what, but the res will tone down the raspiness. IIRC the biggest we can fit is a 24 inch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts