Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for "test pipes" for my 90 N/A. The Stillen ones I found are listed for TTs and very expensive. Are any other options out there?
Thank You Tom

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
It's called Mandrel bent tube...

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
Spongerider said:
Stillen does make a good product but their service sucks.
Thats the problem their service. I know they make good products/carry good products (that are rebadged with their logo). It is just that customer service is absolutely horrible and the prices are not that good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
JAMESZ said:
Labree, B&B, HKS hipers, and more. If I were you I would avoid Stealin at ALL costs.
LOL it seems Stillen = all cost ! They want about $150 for KYB AGX struts. I got them for $85 at tire rack. Should I just have a shop make the parts? Is mandrel bent a must? BTW If you run Stillen thru spell check, it gives you "stollen"!

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Yes if you are looking at performance you never want to use crush bent.

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
♣AsleepZ♣ said:
Yes if you are looking at performance you never want to use crush bent.
All the exhaust systems that I listed are mandrel bent. I wouldn't do a custom exhaust on the Z32 like Asleep seems to be hinting. Go to any of the Z32 forums and they will tell you to avoid that. Just get one of exhaust systems that is in production.

·
Registered
85 Posts
tbtppg said:
I am looking for "test pipes" for my 90 N/A. The Stillen ones I found are listed for TTs and very expensive. Are any other options out there?
Thank You Tom
If you are wanting to get rid of your cats then the best way is to get a set of test pipes made. Simply take your car to an exhaust shop and have them make some shraight through pipes with flanges that are the same length of the cats. I doubt that they will install them since i think it is illegal to drive a car with out them in most states. After they are made all you have to do is jack the car up remove the cats and bolt up the "test pipes" and you have a catless car. Hope this helps!

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
mpw991 said:
If you are wanting to get rid of your cats then the best way is to get a set of test pipes made. Simply take your car to an exhaust shop and have them make some shraight through pipes with flanges that are the same length of the cats. I doubt that they will install them since i think it is illegal to drive a car with out them in most states. After they are made all you have to do is jack the car up remove the cats and bolt up the "test pipes" and you have a catless car. Hope this helps!
Most shops will make a "track pipe", they just won't install it. Just make sure they flange it right. ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
♣Zen31ZR♣ said:
Most shops will make a "track pipe", they just won't install it. Just make sure they flange it right. ;)
x2 that. The flanges on the Z32 system are not symmetrical.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts