Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a Pacesetter MONZA Exhaust System for the SE-R fit on my 92 XE with the 1.6l? And will a Injen WAI Intake for the 95 and up Sentra's fit my car? Thanks.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I guess the exhaust will fit,but you may need to find somebody to make a mid-pipe for you.I haven't seen the exhaust personally so I am not very sure.Having somebody custom made isn't a big different price-wise.
Yes the injen will fit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I wonder why Injen does not say it will fit the older Sentras, Only the 95 and above. They would sell alot more if they listed it as fitting the older ones. I might have a local muffler shop custom make an Exhaust System for me, Do you have any suggestions for a good muffler that does not make these cars sound like Honduhs? I like to have a nice deep tone, I don't want to have a raspy chainsaw sound.

·
Registered
42 Posts
:)

I answered the post, then realized I hadn't read it properly. So I edited it, but could not delete it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, OK. Just making sure, lol.

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
mmm i wouldn't put the sr20DE monza exhaust on. if you want the extra 1/4" in size, get a 2 1/4" exhaust made rather than trying tomake the exhaust for the sr20 fit.

otherwise, stick witht he 2" one they offer for the GA16DE, which is what you have:

Sentra
95-98
1.6L Fed Emn
C
2"
SP/4"
88-1442

just like the injen will fit, so will this exhaust. it claims its 95-98 only, but it'll fit fine. perfectly. enginewise, the difference between the 1st gen GA16DE and 2nd gen was all internal. all bolt-on GA16DE mods fit the engines from 1991-1999. that includes headers, exhaust, etc. heck, some of them even bolt directly onto the GA16i.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, Thanks! What about the ones from Silk Automotive or Megan Racing, I seen them on **************.com and they don't say if they fit the 2.0 or 1.6, I was wondering if anybody knows which one they fit?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I also asked JGY Customs if the exhaust system they make for the B13 will fit my 1.6l and they said even though it's for the SE-R it will fit my car with no problems at all.

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
i dunno. you might have to customize it to make it fit. with what you're talking about, you'd be better to go to a local exhaust shop and get them to make you an exhaust at the size of your liking.

if a website doesn't list what engine they make it for, it's for the sr20de, as that's the se-r engine, and obviously more popular.

the 2" piping exhausts are great, there's nothing wrong with them, and you can go too big. you don't want to go too big with an N/A low power engine, it's just pointless. 2" should do you fine, and save you money. if you don't like the muffler, go to your local parts store and buy a 2" in. 3" out cherry bomb muffler and pop it on.

also, if you're going to buy headers, don't buy the pacesetter headers. just order some OBX stainless headers on ebay. they work, they fit, and they're half the cost. really, there's nothing wrong with them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I know about going too big, I don't want that droning sound. I was thinking of a 2-1/4" pipe with a resonator and a 3" muffler. What is wrong with the Pacesetter header?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh, lol, OK. I thought you meant that there was something wrong with it, Like it diden't fit right or something. I was looking at the OBX header on eBay, There is only one of them, I'm going to buy it on the 30th when I get paid. Are the OBX headers prone to corrosion, Like rusting over time like stock headers?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts