Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, my clutch is in need of replacementment also, and I'm thinking about possibly getting the Exedy ceramic single clutch. It looks a bit hefty with the three puck design. I have heard little about Exedy, but the little i've heard has been good. Apparently, many subaru enthusiasts like Exedy. I am also wondering if anyone has any feedback on Exedy. To change the subject a bit, I have mild bolt-on mods, but I am going to swap out my engine for a gti-r in the near future, so I want stronger clutch. Could I bolt on a heavier clutch to my stocker engine and it still perform well? I was also thinking about a Clutch Master's stage3, which is first on my list, but I am also thinking about the Exedy.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Re: Re: Exedy clutch?

morepower2 said:
They are great!
Tony? Is that you? How's the commercial business holding up. I haven't seen you in a while. Kellogs must have done some layoffs huh?

Hehehe! :D

Just having some fun!

Exedy is one of, if not the best replacement clutch. They make some awesome performance set-ups as well! Highly used as OEM in many import cars sold.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey NissanBoy, if you plan to change your clutch for a high performance one then you should try A.C.T. Frm what i hear the Clutchmaster's are weak and tend to just break into pieces. I know alot of guys with SE-R's that go with the ACT Heavy Duty Pressure plate matched with a Street Disc and it really plants the power down. Most of these guys i know are either DET powered or with 1 of them....100shot direct ported. Sorry about jumping off the subject but i'd like to know if those Exedy Clutches on ebay are any good.....I'm looking to pick one but unsure of the product quality.

·
Registered
19 Posts
yeah, I ordered a Clutch Masters Stage 3 for my se-r. Hopefully, it should be comming before christmas. I thought about the ACT, but I like the technology in the CM clutches. They have that sweet hi-leverage system, instead of using heavier springs. I havnt heard anything about CM clutches being weak. I hope not, I spent "sum major chedda" on my clutch. I mean, its segmented kevlar with steel backing. Everyone I talked to recommended the ACT or CM. I thought about the Exedy clutch, but its too much of a race clutch. The ceramic/metallic clutch is so damn crazy. Its a 3 puck with metallic pads. I dont think it would be too streetable. I mean , it has a sprung disk, but its still an 3 puck metallic! I dont think they make any other se-r clutch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts