Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i finally decided to change the starter myself. please tell me the exact location of the starter , whether i can work from the top or should i work from the bottom. whether something has to be removed to reach the starter, .. i looked from underneath and found the alternator and the a/c compressor on the top. i am not able to locate the starter . please help
thank you
mk

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
work from top or bottom

hi

can i do all the work only from the top or from the bottom also?

alldata diy says that its underneath the "air duct"

is "air duct" the same as air filter location?
thanks

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
DID IT FINALLY

Hi all
i finally changed the starter myself. this is the first time in life i have changed something on my car on my own and i am really really happy about it.
it was a pain locating the starter and then more time to remove the bolts and the wiring connecting it. but finally i did it.

one more thing. i used to get a screeching noise when starting the car sometimes previously and i still get that screeching sound while starting the car sometimes. whats wrong?>

i put some grease on teeth of the starter . i guess that was supposed to remove the screeching.

what kind of grease do i buy and how much should i apply

thanks a lot to all of you

mk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.